H3000 plugin crashing my system regularly

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins H3000 plugin crashing my system regularly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      jpeacock1
      Participant

Hi all,

I have the latest version of the H3000 Factory plugin. Running Pro Tools HD 10.3.6 on a Mac Pro 4,1 with OSX 10.8.4 Mountain Lion.

There are two issues. First, sometimes when I open a session that already had the hH3000 the plugin doesn't always process audio correctly. It's intermittent and sometimes works as it should, others not. The audio is either not processed, only coming out one side of the stereo, or some weirdness that's hard to pinpoint. About half of the time I go to open the plugin and see whether it's loaded correctly, only to find the display/soft keys are all blank and there's nothing on the display. Worst of all is it's crashing my Pro Tools system. I'm afraid to click on the plugin because just opening up an already instantiated plugin crashes Pro tools. In the crash log that pops up Eventide and the plugin are always listed so it's clearly the culprit.

The H3000 was fine on my system until I upgraded to Mountain Lion and the latest Pro Tools. Now it's a mess. I have all sorts of projects with this plugin and I use it every day, so I can't afford to just stop using it. Any fixes coming soon? Anything I can do?

Justin 

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Justin,

Are you running the most recent version of H3000 Factory, version 2.0.5?  I believe this will fix your problems: 

http://www.eventide.com/~/media/Files/Audio%20Support/Plug%20Ins/Eventide%20Users/209178_H3kFactAAX205osx.ashx

Please let me know if it does not.

Thank You,

Dan

bslack
      Participant

We are having the exact same problem.  Mac Pro 4,1, HD3 (not HDX), 10.7.5, PT 10.3.6., H3000 Factory AAX Mac v2.05

It doesn't always crash, but in the last 2 days we have had 10 or more crashes on the mix stage.  Every time Eventide is is the last thing in the crash log.

Thoughts?

Brian

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

bslack,

Can you contact support@eventide.com and send along a copy of your crash logs.  This is not an issue we've been experiencing since the 2.0.5 release, I'd like to look at the crash logs and see if I can see what might be happening.

Thanks,

Dan

jpeacock1
      Participant

Hey Dan,

Sorry I never got notice of your reply. I am running that version. I will email you a crash log.

Justin

jpeacock1
      Participant

I don't know if my reply to this thread went through.

Yes I'm using that version and no it's not working. Settings/soft keys aren't recalling and it crashes my rig when I open it. This is really a drag because I sold my hardware unit so I could use the plugin for micropitchshift and the plugin is basically useless. I have to remember to check it every time I open up a session, and  half the time it crashes PT when I open. Now wishing I had my hardware unit again! I mix all day every day and that plugin is on EVERY session file I do. Now I'm worried how many songs I've printed where I didn't check the plugin and it's screwed up. 

Justin

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the crash logs.  We have not been able to reproduce the problem here, but are following up with both of you through support.

Thank You,

Dan

wheelman0130

Hello,

I am having a similar problem with H3000 Factory VST. Initially it was working fine and played nice with my native and waves plugins. When I installed Schepps 73 is when the crashing began. I have one mix that is still working(the first one i used H3000 on after removing the Schepps 73) maybe due to it being used first then followed by the waves plugins. I have tried to add it in subsequent mixes and now get a crash every time. Bummer because I really love the H3000. I had the hardware unit many years ago and the money spent on your plug in would have got me part way to replacing it. Any way I digress…

I am running Window 7/ 64 bit Service Pack 1 on a AMD athlon II X 4 @ 2.61 GHz. with 16 meg Ram. DAW is Studio One Version 2.6.2.25590

When a mix crashes I have to remove the path to the H3000 files and my VST2 common files in setup. Then I can open the mix and remove the H3000 instantiations. Re establish paths to VST2 common files, then and only then, can I reopen the mix and have my Waves plugins work again. Before taking these steps opening the song(mix) will crash Studio One every time.

I really want your plugin to work with my Schepps 73! Please help.

Jeff

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Jeff,

This is very interesting.  Are any of you other guys using the Scheps 73?

Jeff, if you uninstall the Scheps 73, does the H3000 Factory work again?

Dan 

wheelman0130

Hey Dan,

Thanks for getting back with me on this. I have not uninstalled any of my plugins just removed instantiations. I will conduct some further tests including using only the Schepps 73 and the H3000 Factory in a fresh mix. I will get back to you asap.

All the best,

Jeff

wheelman0130

Hey Dan,

… on a side note… is your family from the bay area in CA? If so, I am wondering if you knew my father Arend Wheeler. He had  "The best tone ever to leave a trombone". Long shot probably but i had to ask.

Make it a great day,

Jeff

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

I had a grandmother in Alameda for many years, but not a Gillespie, nor a musician.  So probably not, sorry.

Dan

wheelman0130

Worth a shot.

Jeff

wheelman0130

Hey Dan,

It turns out that I have been having a hardware issue with the video card i was using. I am very happy to report that with the new video card, all issues with the H3000 Factory playing nice with the Scheps 73 have vanished so far. I am hoping that this report is not premature. Of course, i will update you if any other issues occur that are related.

Thanks again for your help and support.

Jeff

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

That's great news Jeff.  We're working on a release which will hopefully address the complaints of the two AAX users with this issue, but yours was the only one that was not AAX related, so it had me particularly worried.

Please let me know if this changes.

Thanks,

Dan

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.