H3000 VST version and side chaining?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins H3000 VST version and side chaining?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Strascak
      Participant

I just purchased the native version of the H3000 and I use it in Pro Tools 10.3 native and Sonar X2 x64 as a VST.  Is the H3000 available as a VST 2.4 or VST 3.0 spec?  Sonar offers sidechaing under VST 2.4 support.  I wil be using the H3000 mostly with Sonar X2 due to its ability to run at x64 and Sonar currently doesn't support VST 3.0.

Thanks

Kevin

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

H3000 conforms to VST2.4. This is because, as you have found, not many people currently support VST3.0.

ninjafreddan

Well, VST3 has been around for a couple of years and now it's even been updated to 3.5. Quite a few manufactures make VST3 plug-ins nowadays. VST3 plug-ins are much nicer to work with in Cubase/Nuendo because of the side-chain functionality and I/O possibilities. They also tend to run more easily than VST2.4 plug-ins and usually doesn't interrupt the sound when added or discarded from a channel.

Do you have any plans of making a VST3 version of H3000 Factory? Thus enabling the side-chain function.

Thanks for making such great plug-ins

Frederick

Sound On Sound contributor

Strascak
      Participant

Thanks, I knew about the benifits of VST 3 and side chaining but I was unaware that gapping could be better in VST 3.  I also understand that VST 3 is a large amount to work for manufacturers.  Maybe this is the reasoning behind the delay or could it be lack of support documentation from Steinberg?

Thanks

Kevin

chrysalis

Another wish for vst 3. Sidechaining in Cubase is great and so much easier. Wouldn't it also allow audio inputs?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback regarding VST3.  We don't currently have plans to support it, but I will add it to the feature requests list.

Dan

chrysalis

Yet anoth request for VST3 side chaining. It would be awesome.

neilwilkes
      Participant

There are more of us than you might think.

Honestly, I cannot see why the delay – if there was a similar 5 year delay in getting Mac forms done there would be an outcry, and I know a lot more VST3 users than AAX or AAX2.

The circular reasoning of " we will not support it until more others do" is not very good – it is much more likely that the more who port the more will follow. Waves manage to do all forms, as do Flux – and even Voxengo are now porting so it has to be stable or Aleksey would not do it. Other manufacturers include – but are not limited to – iZotope, SoundToys, Softube, Elysia, Antares, Brainworx, RN Digital, DMG Audio, VirSyn, SPL, HOFA, Alogrithmix, TC Electronic, Melda Productions – the list goes on & on with with 7 pages and over 300 products listed on KVR so I think saying that "not many people" support it is sophistry, as those who do are major players as well as some very small ones so it must be worthwhile or why would they bother?

I know – forget stereo, let's all mix in mono (it's obviously a waste of time working in stereo as it is not widely supported – at least this was said back in the early 60's & was wrong then too)

Sorry for the rant

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Neil,

As you know we are in a difficult position in that we have 15 plug-ins to port and release in a variety of formats (AAX32, AAX64, VST2.4, AU, all for Mac and PC).  Each plug-in for each of these platforms takes time, so to get as many plug-ins as possible out, and to support as many of our customers as possible we need to prioritize the work we do.

In making those priorities we've chosen to release our full Anthology II bundle for the above formats before targeting VST3.  There are several reasons for this, but the largest two are: 1. There are no major VST3 hosts which don't also support VST2.4, and 2. Support for VST3 would require a significant amount of work, and would slow down our efforts to release the other existing Anthology II plug-ins.

It's not that we have anything specifically against VST3, it's just that the cost benefit analysis means we're not supporting it right now.  For what it's worth, we don't support RTAS or LADSPA either (and we do get requests for these).

So please understand that we're aiming to make as many people happy as possible, and that I'm not saying we won't ever support the VST3 format, but that we don't at the moment, and I can't promise if or when we will.

I hope you understand,

Dan

Strascak
      Participant

I was just wondering if there is any updated news on VST 3 plug ins for PC?  Eventide and Soundtoys are the only plug ins  have that are still VST2?

Thanks

Kevin

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        Strascak wrote:

I was just wondering if there is any updated news on VST 3 plug ins for PC?  Eventide and Soundtoys are the only plug ins  have that are still VST2?

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin-

Unfortunately at the moment, all Eventide plug-ins are still only VST2.4. We still intend to add support for VST3, but we are a small team here and have quite a few other higher priority tasks. I know that's not an ideal answer, but we are trying to get to it!

Best,

Tom

Strascak
        Participant

Hi Tom:

Yes I would have like to see VST3 a little closer to the near horizon, I appreciate the quick response.  If I can help from a beta tester’s position, I’d be happy to help.  I’ve been recording since the ’70’s and beta testing over 15 years.  

Looking forward to more great plug ins.

Thanks

Kevin 

TLongabaugh wrote:

Strascak wrote:

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin-

Unfortunately at the moment, all Eventide plug-ins are still only VST2.4. We still intend to add support for VST3, but we are a small team here and have quite a few other higher priority tasks. I know that’s not an ideal answer, but we are trying to get to it!

Best,

Tom

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        Strascak wrote:

Hi Tom:

Yes I would have like to see VST3 a little closer to the near horizon, I appreciate the quick response.  If I can help from a beta tester's position, I'd be happy to help.  I've been recording since the '70's and beta testing over 15 years.  

Looking forward to more great plug ins.

Thanks

Kevin 

Hi Kevin-

We're definitely working towards it. The biggest hurdle will be making sure the plug-ins all work correctly and as expected in VST3 for a wide variety of hosts, so we will keep your offer in mind!

Best,

Tom

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.