H8000 routing

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 routing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi everyone

I'm using the older H8000 model (Not A nor FW versions)

Is it possible to use the AES ins and outs AND get the 2 analogue outputs to mirror the digi outputs?

If this is possible it would be great to monitor the analogue outs during mixing, as once I up the buffer in PT10 for the mix process when I monitor the digi outputs obviously the latency makes monitoring the signals impossible.

Further questions and problems:

Would upgrading to FW eliminate this?

Also – when I use the unit in analogue io mode, the units seems to function ok for an hour or so, then seems to give up with distorted sounding output at first leading to nothing (as if the unit has crashed)

Anybody else had this problem?!?

Thanks guys and girls…

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Stan Fiorentino:

Is it possible to use the AES ins and outs AND get the 2 analogue outputs to mirror the digi outputs?

This would be tough, as there are 8 digi outs and only 2 analog. You could certainly have the 2 analog outs monitoring any 2 chosen digital outs, or 2+2 summed digital outs. Suggestion – try the Routing8000 download, to demonstrate the routing options.

Stan Fiorentino:

Would upgrading to FW eliminate this?

Not sure what this refers to.

Stan Fiorentino:

seems to give up with distorted sounding output

Sounds like a hardware problem – if it can't be avoided you will need to send the unit home for some TLC.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.