H8000FW

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000FW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, first post here. I am expecting my new H8000FW this week and I am reading a lot about it. Is there somewhere a document where I can find which parameters and values can be used? For example delay. What are the max delay times, filters etc… I’ve seen the manuals and other documents but I could not find this kind of info anywhere. Any info is welcome and thanks in advance.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Pretty much all these things vary with the preset, so there is no common document.

Long delays go up to 187 seconds at 48k, while regular delays go up to 44 secs.

importuk

I have my new H8000FW, arrived before xmax, I started to use it 2016 and about five times now there has been a loud pop from the h8000fw that put my desk control 24, and apollo, meters into the red and cause my adams s3a overload protecion to cut in,  pop it is less than 200ms duration. 

today i fed dsp A into B then out. was fine 10 hours then pop or bang

it did it just now

it does not seem program dependant before it did it with dsp  A n B running in parrallel

internal clock

no midi, fire wire, or digi  I/o connected.

i have just one analogue input  connected as I learn the unit.  This one fed from my spl preamp ,

analogue outputs connected 1 and 2 that is all thats connected at this point

the surge is not caused by the preamp as this has a parrellel out going to another apollo PTools  channel that did not peak

it is not dependant on an audio source being fed to the h8000fw

running mains through on a quality APC 1500 ups unit

WHEN IT DOES IT ALL THE H8000FW INPUT CHANNEL meters LIGHT UP TO MAX ON EVERY CHANNEL (remember only hard input connected  is analoguechannel 1)

THAT IS THE WHOLE INPUT METER MATRIX ILUMINATES ALONG WITH THE POP EVERY LED

the unit has to date done it after running in excess of 2 hours

new unit, in studio, so no physical trauma pretty much done it since deliver 5 weeks back

Love the sounds, front panel navigation not as bad as some will have you believe (but I did grow up with 8 menu deep Rolands and Korgs)

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sounds like you have a power supply problem (sorry).

Assuming your mains supply is good, you should probably return it to your dealer.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.