H9 5.3.0 preset scroll problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 5.3.0 preset scroll problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      zachhord

When I attempt to scroll down from preset #1, aka go to preset #13 which is my highest allowed preset number, H9 shows “No Alg”. If I scroll down one more time, it will take me to the tuner. 

When I’m on my highest set preset, #13, and attempt to scroll up, it just keeps going up to 99. 

Is there something in Midi settings or general settings I am missing? I am controlling 2 h9’s with a disaster area dpc 5. They are accepting tap tempo, bypass on/off, and midi thru to other pedals behind them. 

For now I think I’m going to go back to a previous version for my gigs this weekend but let me know if there’s something simple I can do.

Thanks for the help! 

wedelich
      Eventide Staff
      zachhord wrote:

When I attempt to scroll down from preset #1, aka go to preset #13 which is my highest allowed preset number, H9 shows "No Alg". If I scroll down one more time, it will take me to the tuner. 

When I'm on my highest set preset, #13, and attempt to scroll up, it just keeps going up to 99. 

Is there something in Midi settings or general settings I am missing? I am controlling 2 h9's with a disaster area dpc 5. They are accepting tap tempo, bypass on/off, and midi thru to other pedals behind them. 

For now I think I'm going to go back to a previous version for my gigs this weekend but let me know if there's something simple I can do.

Thanks for the help! 

Hi zachhord,

A few quesitons: 

1. Does the H9 exhibit the same problems when you scroll with the H9 footswitch (not using MIDI)? 

2. What should the Algorithms be for your presets 1 and 13 when you see the "No Alg" ? 

3. Not a question, but make sure you don't have a MIDI CC or PC accidentally assigned to Tuner somehow.  You can load the Tuner with either MIDI CC or PC.  You'll want to check on the H9 as well as double check what your dpc5 is sending.  

zachhord

Hey!

1. No it does not have the same problems without using the midi controller luckily.

2. They shouldn’t be algorithms, they should revert back to the start or end of the list if that makes sense. 

Nothing is routed to the tuner. I think this might be something I’ll have to take up with disaster area but this wasn’t a problem until I installed this latest update. 

Thanks! 

wedelich
        Eventide Staff
        zachhord wrote:

2. They shouldn't be algorithms, they should revert back to the start or end of the list if that makes sense. 

By algorithm, I mean what effect is basis of your preset in those positions? E.G. Shimmer? Ultratap? Diatonic? CrushStation, etc?

I also forgot to ask, how are you using MIDI to change presets?  Are you using the Program Change, or are you using CCs to scroll and load or just scroll?  Just trying to narrow it down, so we can try to reproduce it.  

zachhord

I wish it was just to scroll and not load but currently it is scrolling and loading. I’m using cc’s I think. I’m using the disaster area dpc 5 to do this. 

gkellum
        Participant
        zachhord wrote:

I wish it was just to scroll and not load but currently it is scrolling and loading. I'm using cc's I think. I'm using the disaster area dpc 5 to do this. 

There are pedal functions to scroll and not load and there are pedal functions to scroll and load.  You just have to assign the MIDI CC to the correct pedal function.  If you click the Pedal settings button in the bottom menubar of H9 Control, select MIDI Settings, and select Assign MIDI CC messages to pedal functions, you'll see the pedal functions "Increment Preset", "Decrement Preset", "Increment and Load Preset", and "Decrement and Load Preset".

zachhord

I’ll try that again but I know I have done that before with no prevail. I must be assigning the incorrect cc message or soemthing. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.