H9, acoustic guitar, passive LR Baggs M1 pickup, Baggs Para DI

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9, acoustic guitar, passive LR Baggs M1 pickup, Baggs Para DI

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      smilindan

Trying to figure out the best way to use my small pedalboard in both electric and acoustic gigs.  My rig is setup currently: acoustic guitar, passive LR Baggs M1 pickup > tech 21 blonde> H9 >Baggs Para DI> PA. I use the xlr out on the DI.  I put the H9 in the chain rather than through the fx loop on the para DI just b/c I've had issues previously with the loop.  

It works, but the signal strength from the pickup to the h9 is weak. When I tried to boost input signal on h9 I got feedback.  Maybe lower gain on the DI?

some presets seemed not to trigger correctly (ex: envelope wah) but I'd bet my low input is the cause.

I didn't try using the Blonde pedal at all with the acoustic setup. I don't need or want distortion while playing acoustic. 

Is this setup ok for both acoustic and electric? Should I solve my loop issue and plug in to the DI LOOP? 

Thanks for any and all advice.

-Dan

gkellum
      Participant

What is the issue you're having with the DI Loop?  The signal coming from that pickup is going to be so weak that you're going to want some sort of amplification of it before going into the H9…

smilindan

Thanks for the quick response! Ideally, use the effect loop on the di box as the point to insert the H9 signal.  Or, less ideal, go from the 1/4" output on the DI to H9, then out from that to PA.

correct?

you guys are great with your customer support!

thanks!!!

dan

smilindan

The effect loop somehow seems to not provide a thru signal.  It's been awhile though.  It's a t-r-s to 1/4" setup.  

gkellum
      Participant

Yeah, I don't know anything about that particular DI box.  I guess you should double check its manual and make sure you have everything set-up as intended…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.