H9 Active/mute

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Active/mute

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      howardmelnick
      Participant

Hey guys, I'm running my h9 thru my fx loop with some other pedals. It all works fine when the h9 is engaged or "active" but when I go to bypass the h9 to hear my guitars tone with other pedals it displays "mute" and does exactly that. No sound. I've tried using the iOS app to figure a work around but to no avail. Little help?

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

See page 21 of the H9 User Guide.Usually when you're connected in the effects loop you don't want any dry signal, just the effect so you have killdry enabled. If bypass is set to dsp, then when you disable the H9 you'll mute the output. Select relay bypass instead.

howardmelnick
      Participant

Yes! This was the solution I needed. Thank you! I was a bit confuzzled about the whole killdry and relay setting. Now back to music making! 

RavinDave
      Participant

I have a bit of a different issue with this: I'm running in an effects loop but when I bypass the effect my dry signal does not pass thru. I kill dry turned off so the dry signal should pass thru but it doesn't. Any ideas?

RavinDave
      Participant

I'll add a bit more: Hooked up my new H9 yesterday, set up the bluetooth and was thrilled with discovery, to the point of sore fingers. Today I cranked it up and when I pressed the Bypass (left) button my thru signal had disappeared. Yikes! I had made no changes and even tried my best to hold my jaw in the same position as the night before. No luck.

Per the PEDAL SETTINGS the H9 should be pushing the dry signal thru (to my TimeFactor). No luck. I can clearly see the H9 is receiving the signal in bypass mode but it’s not passing thru. Yikes!

My apologies if this has been covered in this forum but the search function here leaves a lot to be desired. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

RD

gkellum
      Participant

So, what happens when you hit bypass?  It mutes the output?  What Bypass Mode is set?  If you click on the Pedal button in the bottom right hand corner of H9 Control and go to Bypass Mode, what is it set to there?  I'd try the different options there and see if one of those fixes your problem.

RavinDave
      Participant

We have met the enemy and he is me! Problem solved. I'm running the H9 in a mono mode. I changed out a cable and accidentally (more like moronically) plugged the new cable into the #2 input versus the #1 input. That spells failure.

So thanks for your response and please add this to the knowledge base! I'll keep on Ravin! Cool

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.