H9 and dmc 3xl gen 2

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 and dmc 3xl gen 2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      nati.taub

Im trying to control my h9 with my dmc midi controller and I’m really frustrated..
      I thought it will be an upgrade from my aux switch but actually it’s pretty useless for my needs (scrolling presets).
      The reason it doesn’t work well is because the dmc can only do program change and not cc commands. That mean when you change a preset it doesn’t go to that preset standby mode it just moves up or down and activate the next preset. It makes scrolling presets really slow especially on true bypass mode. I wish there would be an update for the h9 that will let you choose different program change modes like the different scrolling options they have with the midi cc commands..
      I’m not trying to bash anyone.. Just eager for an update that will let me keep my dmc 🙂

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Don't really understand, but as far as I can see..

MIDI Program change will load the preset of your choice.

If you saved it bypassed, it will load bypassed from MIDI.

I think this is what you want.

nati.taub

Well long story short I just wish there will be an option that program change will work like the increment/decrement preset.
      That way o could scroll with my dmc the same way I do with the aux switch.
      I hope that clarify things.
      Thanks!!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think your problem may be that you have the wrong MIDI controller. That said, we will consider adding next/last options for MIDI Program change in a future release.

nati.taub

Thanks for replying.
      Fingers crossed for that update 🙂

h9-nz

I have a DMC 3XL gen 2 and it works perfectly with my H9. It is very fast changing presets as well – if you hold the DMC footswitch down it quickly scrolls through the presets up and down.

If you don’t want an idividual preset to be active when you scroll to it, save that preset in a bypassed state.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.