H9 and Double Bass

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 and Double Bass

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Zsolt57
      Participant

Hi everyone
      I am tryin’ to use my H9 both with the electric bass and the double bass. With the electric it works fine, but with the double bass I have troubles to find good sounds with the same effects. It seems to me as if tracking was much worse. I cannot get a clear sound, most of the time there is something like a short slur that goes up to the pitch, and that makes the sound messy. I try to set all delays and things to zero but the sound still is swishy.
      The h9 is set to “bass”. Any suggestions?
      Zsolt

Bodde
      Participant

I have used my H9 on my acoustic upright a couple of times (used the guitar setting) and don’t recognize the problems you have. What algo did you use? And do you use a preamp for your upright? Might be an impedance mismatch. Or maybe your pickup has too much noise…

Zsolt57
      Participant

Hey Bodde, thanks for your reply

I was looking for a high glassy tone and tried the pitch algos and else. I encountered the slurry thing a couple of times. Example for such an algo is in Pitchfactor the Quadravox. I tried the “Good Morning Sun”. With algorhythms such as these i get the problem I described.

I don’t know how to check impedance problems. Truth is that my setup is rather complicated. My pickup is a Schertler Dyn and I need a 10V preamp to get him go. And then I go into a Bassbone OD because I double. The H9 is in the send/receive loop.But I think that the slur problems would occur just with the H9 anyway. What do you think?

Zsolt

Herr Mosa
      Participant

I am not a double bass player, but may I say that an acoustic double bass has a different sustain/release behaviour, regarded as an envelope triggering fx?

Perhaps one solution could be to put a compressor in front of the H9

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.