H9 and ES-8 stereo

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 and ES-8 stereo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Big Lid
      Participant

Hi All

I’m not getting any effects from the H9, I’m going out 1/2 from ES-8 into in 1/2 H9.  H9 outs are going to two different amps.  I can get a dry sound but no effects in either amp.

I went to this config after having the H9 in the stereo loops of the ES-8 with the outputs of the ES-8 going to different amps but the problem was that I was getting a dry signal from one amp and a really quiet wet signal in the other amp.  I’ve tried the different routing configs in the H9 (pre/post; normal; wet/dry) but I can’t get the sound I’m looking for which is a stereo wet signal.

Big Lid
      Participant

If I’m using the H9 on all my patches at the end of my chain100% of the time, is there really a difference in having it in a stereo loop of the ES8?  Ultimately, I’m only going to be changing H9 presets.  Is there something I’m missing by not having it in a loop w/in the ES8?  

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      Big Lid wrote:
      I’m not getting any effects from the H9, I’m going out 1/2 from ES-8 into in 1/2 H9.  H9 outs are going to two different amps.  I can get a dry sound but no effects in either amp.

Does this happen on every algorithm you use?

If you want to be able to control the balance between dry and wet signal, the pedal’s routing must be in “NORMAL” mode

Big Lid wrote:
      I went to this config after having the H9 in the stereo loops of the ES-8 with the outputs of the ES-8 going to different amps but the problem was that I was getting a dry signal from one amp and a really quiet wet signal in the other amp.

This sounds like the pedal may have been in PRE/POST mode.

Big Lid wrote:
      I’ve tried the different routing configs in the H9 (pre/post; normal; wet/dry) but I can’t get the sound I’m looking for which is a stereo wet signal.

I recommend you make sure your pedal is up to date with the latest firmware. Pairing it to H9 Control will allow you to verify.

Then, I would backup your presets and conduct a factory reset. Sometimes this is the quickest way to get the pedal functioning normally. The only other question I have is, do you want a completely wet signal (which sounds like Kill-dry mode), or do you want to be able to adjust the balance between dry and wet (Normal mode)?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      Big Lid wrote:
      If I’m using the H9 on all my patches at the end of my chain100% of the time, is there really a difference in having it in a stereo loop of the ES8? Is there something I’m missing by not having it in a loop w/in the ES8?

I believe the only function you’d be missing by having the H9 outside the switching system is having the ability to change the order of the loop switches. Not 100% sure in that as I don’t own the ES-8. Perhaps that would be a good question for a Boss user’s group. However, having complex MIDI- capable pedals outside of a loop switching chain is pretty common, especially if those effects are in the amp’s effects loops. Of course, if you’re running your amp’s clean, going through the front is essentially the same thing.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.