H9 and/or FACTOR PEDALS MIDI CAPABILITIES

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 and/or FACTOR PEDALS MIDI CAPABILITIES

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      stmguitar
      Participant

Hello Guys,

i am considering adding an eventide unit to my setup: i read teh manual and explored the forum, and I have to say, I still am not sure about MIDI capabilities.

I have a foot controller that sends midi PC from 1 to 120.

This controller is connected via MIDIto the eventide pedal ( H9 or factor box)

Than the Eventide box goes via MIDI to a Line 6 M5.

Questions are:

1) will the eventide Boxes ( H9 or factor box) have a fully programmable Midi PC map? so that , for example, by receiving PC 1 from the controller i’ll get preset 79 on the eventide???

2) Will the eventide box, AT THE SAME TIME, being able to send out a different PC to the line 6 M5?

so, for example: 

– controller sends PC 1

– eventide receives PC 1 and switches to preset 79, it sends out PC 3 to the line 6

-the line 6 switches to preset 3

I read the manual and i could not understand that this type of mechanism is feasable or not in this way!

Thank you!

gkellum
      Participant
      STMGUITAR wrote:

1) will the eventide Boxes ( H9 or factor box) have a fully programmable Midi PC map? so that , for example, by receiving PC 1 from the controller i'll get preset 79 on the eventide???

Yes, the H9 or Factor has a MIDI receive map which maps program changes it receives to a user selected preset or action (bypass, toggle tuner, etc).

STMGUITAR wrote:

2) Will the eventide box, AT THE SAME TIME, being able to send out a different PC to the line 6 M5?

The H9 or Factor has a MIDI transmit map, but I believe that applies to MIDI program change messages that are generated when load a preset on the stompbox. I don't believe it supports remapping one received program change event to a different transmitted program change event.  (This functionality is described on pg 39 of the H9 user manual. https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.eventide.downloads/Product+Manuals/H9-UserGuide.pdf)

Let me double check that…

stmguitar
      Participant

Thank you! Actually that manual is wgat o found a bit not clear cause it states ” to create a midi program transmit map” and. ” to create a midi program receive map” so that’s why it appears like is possible!

Thank you for the support, awaiting for your check!

gkellum
      Participant

Ok, I just double checked a received program change message is sent through the transmit map as well.  So, you can set-up both maps so that:

Received program change 1 loads preset 10 which transmits program change 20 when it's loaded

But what's important to understand is that you're not mapping program change 1 to program change 20.  You're mapping program change 1 to load a particular preset number, and that particular preset number can be mapped to send out a different program change number when it's loaded.

stmguitar
      Participant

Great! so basically what i asked for is possible! yeah, it doen not matter that I have to program a different map as long as both maps can be programmed separately abd everything can be done via MIDI

-is this possibile with both any of the factor pedals and/or the H9?

thaank you

short post scriptum question: is the lettering on the H9/FACTOR pedals programmable to display the preset name ( any word i want to call it)?

gkellum
        Participant
        stmguitar wrote:

-is this possibile with both any of the factor pedals and/or the H9?

Well, it's possible in the H9 using the latest software release. That behavior isn't supported in the software that's currently available for the Factor pedals.

stmguitar wrote:

short post scriptum question: is the lettering on the H9/FACTOR pedals programmable to display the preset name ( any word i want to call it)?

Yes, the preset names are user assignable and if they have more characters than can be shown on the display, they scroll when the preset is loaded.
      stmguitar
      Participant

Thank you very much!! 

I asked casuse, if I am not wrong, both the H9 and the factor pedals, have the same identical writing  in the midi section of the manual!

mjahoger
      Participant

Hi,

Where can I change the Program Change number the H9 is sending out (i.e., thru) when receiving a PC# on it’s MIDI input jack?

gkellum
        Participant
        mjahoger wrote:

Where can I change the Program Change number the H9 is sending out (i.e., thru) when receiving a PC# on it's MIDI input jack?

In the H9s system settings there is a midi receive map and a midi transmit map.  The H9 user manual explains the functionality of both maps.

mjahoger
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

mjahoger wrote:

Where can I change the Program Change number the H9 is sending out (i.e., thru) when receiving a PC# on it’s MIDI input jack?

In the H9s system settings there is a midi receive map and a midi transmit map.  The H9 user manual explains the functionality of both maps.

Does this midi transmit map also apply to PC that are send THRU.

I.e., if I send PC1 from an exteral midi controller, can the H9 send a different PC#, for instane PC4, on the MIDI THRU output jack?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If the unit is set to THRU, it sends exactly what it receives. No changes.

mjahoger
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

If the unit is set to THRU, it sends exactly what it receives. No changes.

And if the unit is set to TRANSMIT, will it send the PC as soons as it receives a PC? Or do I need to transmit the PC manually after the H9 has received the PC?

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        mjahoger wrote:

And if the unit is set to TRANSMIT, will it send the PC as soons as it receives a PC? Or do I need to transmit the PC manually after the H9 has received the PC?

Various answers here. If you have recent software which has the "XMT.PC" command on the System MIDI menu, it will send a PC (via the TX map) on receiving one if enabled.

Otherwise you could set OUTPUT to MERGE, which combine THRU and XMIT. Note that this is unsuitable for heavy MIDI traffic.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.