H9 and Portable Battery

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 and Portable Battery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      joemendonca
      Participant

Good day,

I’ve been investigating the possibility of running the H9 pedal off of a portable battery. I have close to zero clue about voltage concerns, and really don’t want to damage my pedal. Obviously. So I thought I’d reach and see if anyone has some insight here.

Do you think the following adapter would be safe to use?

I figured (if it’s safe) I’d plug this into a USB battery. Anyhow, thanks a bunch for your time. I really appreciate it.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      joemendonca wrote:

I've been investigating the possibility of running the H9 pedal off of a portable battery. I have close to zero clues about voltage concerns, and really don't want to damage my pedal. Obviously. So I thought I'd reach and see if anyone has some insight here.

H9 requires 9-12V DC and 400 mA. I think this might be something you want:

It seems that it can meet your need. I've never used it though. Cannot guarantee how good it is.

I've used this one: https://www.amazon.com/JOYO-JMP-01-Portable-Power-Supply/dp/B00DR4FDY4

It worked but I have to say its quality is not great.

mustafaicil
      Participant

Most battery packs should work as long as it is 9V and over 400ma, but I would say the bigger issue is not if it works but how long will it last. With such current hungry pedal, battery might not be a good approach especially when gigging live.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.