H9 and the Aux Switch

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 and the Aux Switch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      leond

I have a ModFactor, H9 and a three button aux switch.  All three buttons of the switch work fine with the ModFactor. With the H9 however, only the Ring and Tip/Ring work. Nothing happens when I engage only the Tip. 

Any idea why this is?

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

The rear panel EXP jack can be set to work with an expression pedal or an Aux switch. Factory default is expression pedal so you have to change it. From the User Guide:

"The rear panel Expression Pedal jack (labeled EXP) can be set to support three 

independent momentary switches using Tip, Ring and Tip+Ring. In System Mode, 

you can choose to use the EXP jack for either your Expression Pedal or Aux 

Switches. Here’s how to select the Aux Switch: 

1) Press and hold the HOTKNOB button and Right Footswitch simultaneously 

for a few seconds to enter System Mode. 

2) Turn the Knob until [UTILS] is displayed. 

3) Momentarily press the HOTKNOB button. 

4) Turn the Knob until [EXPTIP] is displayed. 

5) Momentarily press the HOTKNOB button. 

6) Turn the Knob to select [SWITCH]. Factory default choice is [PEDAL] 

7) Press and hold the HOTKNOB button and Right Footswitch simultaneously 

for a few seconds to exit System Mode. "

leond

I went thru all that.  Just double checked it and that's how I have it set.  If it wasn't set for the switch, I doubt the Ring and Tip/Ring switches would work.

I thought it might be the switch so a checked it with my ModFactor.  All three switches worked fine.  And I tried controling different parameters with the Tip and none of them worked.  I think something might be going on with the H9.

Any other ideas?

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

Sorry but no other idea. It could be a hardware problem. Please contact support.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.