H9 and using Behringer FCB1010

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 and using Behringer FCB1010

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      rmarcopolo

Hi,

I’m a total newbie at MIDI and have been trying to program my H9 with an FCB1010. What I want to be able to do is set up so that I can use the expression pedals: 1 as an expression and 2 as an overall volume.

I have been trying to use iFCB X 2.4.3 control program to get it all to work using an imac and Midi leads to try and program the FCB.

I have absolutely no Idea what I’m doing and getting really frustrated with both units!!!

When connected to my mac the Red light is Green showing connection and I can work with the interface but I have no idea on waht CC, PC SW1 etc do in relation to the H9 and when I read the H9 manual i get even more confused…

Many thanks for ANY help.

Cheers Mark

gkellum
      Participant
      rmarcopolo wrote:

I have no idea on waht CC, PC SW1 etc do in relation to the H9 and when I read the H9 manual i get even more confused…

It might be easiest for you to configure the H9s MIDI Settings using H9 Control.  If you connect H9 Control to your H9, click on the Pedal button in the buttom menubar, select MIDI Settings, and select "Assign MIDI CC messages to pedal functions", you'll see under the pedal function "assign expression pedal value (aka HotKnob value)" which MIDI CC value (if any) the H9 has assigned to control its expression pedal patch.  You can go into the pedal function page to change it to whatever MIDI CC value you want.  You should configure it there to match your FCB1010.

rmarcopolo

Many thanx for the reply

Still cannot get FCB 2nd expression pedal to work.

Ive tried all the suggests above and still no go.

Getting a bit cheesed off now 🙁

gkellum
        Participant
        rmarcopolo wrote:

Still cannot get FCB 2nd expression pedal to work.

Ive tried all the suggests above and still no go.

If I were you, I'd hook the FCB up to a computer and double check what it's actually sending out.  You can do this with MIDI Monitor on Mac and MIDI Ox on Windows.  If everything is configured correctly, there's no reason why this shouldn't work.  So, either the FCB1010 isn't sending out the MIDI message that you think it is sending out, or the H9 isn't configured to process the MIDI message that it is sending out.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.