H9 appears to fail TEST0

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 appears to fail TEST0

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      skydog
      Participant

Help. I have two H9 pedals, and a critical date coming up late this week. I can’t reach anyone through email, the phone messaging system for customer support isn’t take messages, and Sales isn’t answering. Does anyone know, how to get a quick determination and (if necessary) repair initiated? Is this normal with Eventide?

gkellum
      Participant
      skydog wrote:

Does anyone know, how to get a quick determination and (if necessary) repair initiated?

Why were you running test 0?  Is there anything wrong with your H9 that you were trying to narrow down?

Test 0 triggers a whole bunch of tests, some of which are loop back tests.  This means the tests will fail unless you have MIDI Out connected to MIDI In, Audio Out connected to Audio In, and so on.

skydog wrote:

Is this normal with Eventide?

We started a promotion with Focusrite a few days ago, and we've been swamped with support requests related to that promotion.

skydog
      Participant

I wasn’t initiating a test. When it powers up, it goes on it’s own. This is why I have been trying to talk to somebody. Is there a way to block the test(s)? I tried the hold-down-buttons power-up. No effect.

gkellum
        Participant
        skydog wrote:

Is there a way to block the test(s)? I tried the hold-down-buttons power-up. 

That test starts if any button is held down on the H9 when it's powered on.  Could you go through pressing the left and right footswitch, the encoder, and the top row of switches to make sure each isn't stuck in pressed position?  It is possible that one of the switches has failed.  But it's more likely that one of the switches is just stuck.  We've heard about that happening to the encoder about a half dozen times in particular.  (The encoder is the big, black wheel…)

skydog
      Participant

Thank you. Pressing all the buttons several times worked. The H9 Max has turned on twice. What could have been the cause? Do these buttons need maintenance? Should I fabricate a boot of some sort? The unit has not been subject to anything other than a normal environment.

Now that the emergency is over, what is the simplest method to make both of my H9 devices identical (presets occupying the same address)? Should I simply create a complete backup with one unit, and then use this backup to restore the second?

gkellum
        Participant
        skydog wrote:

Thank you. Pressing all the buttons several times worked. The H9 Max has turned on twice. What could have been the cause? Do these buttons need maintenance? 

No, the buttons don't need maintenance, and this is not a problem we hear about often. As I mentioned, about a half a dozen people have had their encoders get stuck, but that's pretty straight forward to get unstuck.

I wouldn't expect this to be an ongoing problem for you going forward, but if it happens again, you'll know what to do. If it happens repeatedly contact support@eventide.com and they'll help you if there's a mechanical issue that needs to be resolved.

skydog wrote:

Now that the emergency is over, what is the simplest method to make both of my H9 devices identical (presets occupying the same address)? Should I simply create a complete backup with one unit, and then use this backup to restore the second?

Well, I would copy the presets off of one device to a local preset list in H9 Control. Then, I'd save that list to the other device.  You could also sync the two with MIDI sysex messages but that's a bit more fiddily and possibly more error prone.

skydog
      Participant

By the way, none of the buttons “felt” stuck. I didn’t notic anything out of the ordinary.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.