H9 audio issues crunchstation (wont pick up soft signal)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 audio issues crunchstation (wont pick up soft signal)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      gregmhoffmann
      Participant

Hey!

So when I’m playing softly on with the crunchstation engaged it won’t pick up my guitar.  It’ll pick up some then die out fast.  If I strum hard it misses the attack and It sounds like I’m only getting parts of the signal.  It also wont sustatin when I’m playing hard.  It will fade out and mute.  

Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Greg

jgoldbach
      Participant
      gregmhoffmann wrote:

Hey!

So when I'm playing softly on with the crunchstation engaged it won't pick up my guitar.  It'll pick up some then die out fast.  If I strum hard it misses the attack and It sounds like I'm only getting parts of the signal.  It also wont sustatin when I'm playing hard.  It will fade out and mute.  

Hi Greg,

Do you have your H9 pedal in your effects loop? If so, that may explain your symptoms. Some effects, like overdrive, don't work or respond very well in the effects loop just like some effects like reverb don't work very well in front of your amp if you use its gain. 

wedelich
      Eventide Staff
      gregmhoffmann wrote:

Hey!

So when I'm playing softly on with the crunchstation engaged it won't pick up my guitar.  It'll pick up some then die out fast.  If I strum hard it misses the attack and It sounds like I'm only getting parts of the signal.  It also wont sustatin when I'm playing hard.  It will fade out and mute.  

Greg

That sounds like the new Sag parameter.  It simulates broken stuff.  Is the SAG parameter turned up at all when you are getting this behavior? If not, it could be that youre guitar is rather quiet, and you need to turn the Gate in CrushStation off, or increase the Input Gain on your H9.  Either these things, or as Jay suggested above, could be something with running distortion in an effects loop. 

gregmhoffmann
      Participant

You guys rock!

I’ll check that first.  The h9 isn’t in my effects loop so my money is on input gain, the gate or the sag!

Thanks!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.