H9 aux switch connectivity issue

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 aux switch connectivity issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bones3010
      Participant

Hi everyone!  First post on the forums here, and I’m bummed to have it based on a tech issue, but here goes:

I have a pretty large pedal rig and the cornerstone is my H9 Max running an expression pedal and Aux switch/button via a Y-cable.  Things have been working fine but recently I noticed that the aux switch isn’t responding.  It’s a Boss FS-5U switch and having tested it on other gear I know that it works.  The cable also works, as does the expression pedal (a dunlop) without issue.  Since I tend to use the aux switch somewhat rarely and usually for detecting the key for harminizer patches I only just noticed the issue but it may have been present for awhile.  I went through all the settings on the pedal and within the control app and experimented with various settings to see if something happened there, but to no avail.  

Because I’m not sure about when exactly the issue began I can’t say with certainty if it began with the latest H9 update or not, but I’m wondering if it’s a software issue caused by it, since the pedal has not been abused in any way and I can’t see why a hardware issue would just show up out of nowhere.  

Has anyone else experienced this issue and does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?  I was thinking about doing a complete factory restore and seeing if that helps but I’d like to avoid it if I can.  Are there any H9 updates on the horizon?

If I DID do a restrore, how difficult is it to restore purchases?  I’m mainly concerned that my pedal began life as a regular standard H9 and I did the Max upgrade awhile back.  I want to make sure it will restore to a Max rather than the base H9 without issue.  

Thanks in advance!

-Rob

PS:  Just in case it matters at all:  

H9 Max – version 5.4.0

iOS control app – version 2.7.4

iOS version 9.2.1

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It obviously could be a hardware fault, but is more likely to be a settings issue, maybe associated with your recent update.

All users are recommended to do a system reset after an update to make sure that everything is in sync. It sounds like yours is not.

A system reset is one option, but people don't like to lose their settings.

The other option is to go through every relevant setting and make sure it is correct.

bones3010
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

It obviously could be a hardware fault, but is more likely to be a settings issue, maybe associated with your recent update.

All users are recommended to do a system reset after an update to make sure that everything is in sync. It sounds like yours is not.

A system reset is one option, but people don’t like to lose their settings.

The other option is to go through every relevant setting and make sure it is correct.

Thank you for the prompt reply!  

As mentioned, I haven’t messed with any of the expression/aux settings before this issue came up, but I have played with various settings in there to see if something would trigger it to work again, but no luck.  I also didn’t want to have to deal with a full system reset if not necessary, but it sounds like that would be the best place to start.  I’d be really surprised if it were a hardware issue, but stranger things have certainly happened (even though I’m praying it’s not the cause).  

I assume that upon resetting the H9 I should go to “restore purchases” to get it to return to an H9 Max, or has it already been branded that way since originally updated

I’ll give this a try later on and report back.  With luck it’ll take care of the issue and if anyone else happens to have the same problem down the road then hopefully this post will be helpful.  

gkellum
        Participant
        bones3010 wrote:

I assume that upon resetting the H9 I should go to "restore purchases" to get it to return to an H9 Max, or has it already been branded that way since originally updated

Resetting your system settings won't affect your algorithms.  That should still all be there after a system reset (or a factory reset), but if you ever did have any problem like this, the restore purchases function would sort this out.

By the way the Boss FS-5U has a polarity switch.  You didn't change the position of this switch did you?  If I were you, I might try setting the H9 to expect just an aux switch and then connect the FS-5U directly to the H9 to see if it was working correctly.  But I'd also reset the system settings as Nick suggested above. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.