H9 Aux Switch Load Favourite Preset

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Aux Switch Load Favourite Preset

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      madmac
      Participant

Hi

Would it be possible to add in a future update in the H9 Aux Switch mapping – Load Preset #?

That way you could have your favorite preset e.g. Preset #30 and when you hit the AUX switch it loads Preset 30.

I  know you can set parameter 1 to 10 to any value but that would only work if the correct alogorithm was loaded at the time.

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Obviously possible, but dunno. Every thing we add increases complexity, and many, many people already find our boxes hard to use.

For this reason, we really don't want any new features that don't change people's lives.

Using yours as an example, we could add an extra AUX switch entry, but then we would also have to add an apparently unrelated something to allow you to nominate the preset. Then, some people would want to have more than one preset….

Sounds like this really needs some kind of external MIDI pedalboard.

jpallot
      Participant

Hello, any updates on this? I would find it super useful to have an aux switch let me get to a specific preset with one click – I have a “default” effect that I use for about half my songs, and it is a bit of a pain to cycle through the entire playlist every time I want to go back to my “standard” setting, thanks.

camn
      Participant

The DIsaster Area Gen3 DMCs do this.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        camn wrote:

The DIsaster Area Gen3 DMCs do this.

Can Gen3 DMC send MIDI PC messages? If so, a PC message can be assigned to a switch to activate a favorite preset.

jpallot
      Participant

thanks! bit more than I was hoping to spend to solve the problem but good to know they are there…

camn
      Participant

Alternatively, just program a copy of your favorite into every other preset…..then you are just a click away.

You lose 50 presets, but maybe it’s worth it?

camn
      Participant

Oh- if you are using your Aux as up/down…you could do it every 3rd preset! Only lose 33 slots!

jpallot
      Participant

Thanks all! This is a very doable solution (that I should have thought of myself 😉

camn
      Participant

Yes of course.. . buuuut that is the easy part. the DMC can then take you back to where you were if you hit it again.

That is of course, the crux. 

So you can be playing along on any old thing… slam your “favorite” switch (mine is a Wah).. play it for a bit…and then hit it again… taking you BACK to the preset you were on.

TO me- that is the functionality that makes is ‘calling a favorite’ instead of just ‘calling a preset’.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.