h9 Aux switches problem on H9 Algorithms (Specially Pitch fuzz)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes h9 Aux switches problem on H9 Algorithms (Specially Pitch fuzz)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      charlypef
      Participant

Hi…

I have two momentary auxswitches assigned to decrement preset (tip), flexswitch (ring) and tuner (tip+ring), pressing at the same time.

All works great, except when activate H9 algos (specially pitchfuzz), the decrement auxswitch acts very slow, but the right footswitch in the h9 to increment or decrement presets acts normal. So, deactivating fuzz and activating for example pitchflex algo, the auxswitches acts normal again, changing presets in normal speed.

I have tried different assignments, changing trs cable, changing switches, clearing and initializing h9 etc.. I noticed only happens with H9 algorithms, and only affects auxswitches, not h9 switches.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

bohan
      Eventide Staff

We are aware of this issue. For some really complicated algorithms (like PitchFuzz, Harmadillo, TriceraChorus), the Aux switch may behave a bit slower than usual. The switch on H9 is less affected because it's a built in switch. The aux switch signal goes in the control loop, which is more affected by the hardware capacity and limitation.

charlypef
      Participant

Thanks. If thats normal operation then it Is ok, still very usable.

I was doing some test with midi control from another device, and it seems to work just fine, no delay in changes. Is that correct?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      charlypef wrote:
      Thanks. If thats normal operation then it Is ok, still very usable. I was doing some test with midi control from another device, and it seems to work just fine, no delay in changes. Is that correct?

I cannot say there's no delay at all but it may be better than the aux switch.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.