H9 AUX SWITCHES V4.8.0

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 AUX SWITCHES V4.8.0

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      paul johnson

HI,

JUST UPDATED S/W BUT I AM USING THE 3 AUX FOR TAP UP/DOWN.

THE PREVIOUS VERSION HAD AUTOLOAD OF PRESET THIS NOW REQUIRES TO HIT THE ACTIVE BUTTON.iS THERE NOW AN OPTION FOR THIS?ANY RELEASE NOTES FOR THE LATEST S/W?

MANY THANKS

gkellum
      Participant

Yes, the behavior of the Aux switch changed from 4.5.0[4] release to the current release.  Here’s the story:

In the 4.4.6[0] and 4.4.6[1] bams, the increment and decrement preset functions that can be assigned to aux switches or MIDI cc messages would increment and decrement presets but leave them in a pending state. In 4.5.0[4], the increment and decrement preset functions would increment and decrement presets and activate them, but this wasn't actually an intentional change and it made some users happy while upsetting others. So, in 4.8.0[1] we went back to these functions incrementing and decrementing presets and leaving them in a pending state, and we added a new function named in the app "Left Footswitch (aka Active Footswitch)" that can be assigned to an aux switch or MIDI CC and used to activate a preset. 

We have agreed amongst ourselves on adding two new functions Load Next and Load Previous in the next release, i.e. the Looper release, which will increment and decrement presets and activate them. This means users will be able to choose in the next release whether incrementing and decrementing from an aux switch or MIDI CC will activate the preset or not. Ideally, we would have added those functions in the current release 4.8.0[1], but there just wasn't enough time.

paul johnson

hi

thanks for the swift reply.

ok great you know my next question then………!

this was working perfectly for me as the unit sits on the amp and I control it via a small  midi controller and the switch box.

also noted midi is disabled when the usb connector is in.

one final thing, are there any plans for some more multi patches ie delay/reverb.flange delay?

again thanks for your time.

gkellum
      Participant

paul johnson:

this was working perfectly for me as the unit sits on the amp and I control it via a small  midi controller and the switch box.

You may just want to go back to the 4.5.0.4 version of the H9 software until the next H9 release. Given how your stuff is set-up, it sounds like it's going to be inconvenient for you not to have the preset up and preset down functions load the preset automatically.

paul johnson:

one final thing, are there any plans for some more multi patches ie delay/reverb.flange delay?

Yes. There are some plans for more multi patches.  What's difficult though is that no one is asking for the same combinations. 😉

paul johnson

Great thanks,

just one thing if I go back to the 4.5.0 will I be able to recover the eq patch when I reload the new version later?

cheers

gkellum
      Participant

paul johnson:

just one thing if I go back to the 4.5.0 will I be able to recover the eq patch when I reload the new version later?

Yes, you won't lose EQ Compressor by doing that.  

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.