H9 + Barn3 Ox9 + Mission SP-H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 + Barn3 Ox9 + Mission SP-H9

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      brewjo
      Participant

I’m pretty new to the world of pedals and feel like I jumped off the deep end.  Hoping someone can help me.  I have a Eventide H9 Max.  Just my luck I had listed a Barn3 OX9 and a Mission Engineering SP-H9 expression pedal on a wish list.  I ended up getting both but I cannot figure out how to make them all work together.  

What I would like to do is have the Barn3 Left switch to cycle up through the presents and the right side to cycle down.  And I would like the Expression pedal to increase or decrease the amount of the effect loaded; i.e. more or less Fuzz.

Is this possible?  If so, can someone explain how to need to map this out with the app?

bohan
      Eventide Staff

I don't think this is going to work out. See this manual (https://static1.squarespace.com/static/539f0880e4b0e0318ea3192f/t/5940029fb8a79bde2d979ab5/1497367242457/OX9-Manual-2017.pdf).

It says "When using an expression pedal, the H9 only allows you to have one additional auxiliary footswitch (the left one)"

camn
      Participant

yeah you need MIDI to accomlish all of that at the same time

camn
      Participant

Though for real… For cheaper than a Barn3 anyone could build a midi controller that could do everything you ever wanted.

Fight the patriarchy

brewjo
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

I don’t think this is going to work out. See this manual (https://static1.squarespace.com/static/539f0880e4b0e0318ea3192f/t/5940029fb8a79bde2d979ab5/1497367242457/OX9-Manual-2017.pdf).

It says “When using an expression pedal, the H9 only allows you to have one additional auxiliary footswitch (the left one)”

I was suspecting this but hoping I missed some secret that would let me do what I was after.  

Currently on the H9 I can Cycle Up, on the Barn3 I can Cycle Down (Left).  So I should be able to use the expression pedal to increase / decrease?    

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      brewjo wrote:

I was suspecting this but hoping I missed some secret that would let me do what I was after.  

Currently on the H9 I can Cycle Up, on the Barn3 I can Cycle Down (Left).  So I should be able to use the expression pedal to increase / decrease?    

Yes. You can do this.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.