H9 Bluetooth

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Bluetooth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      johnboy10

Hi, 

I have setup my H9 to my imac 27inch. Just wondeing why the H9 does not auto connect when turned on.

I have to delete the H9 from the bluetooth list and then pair again.

My apple mouse and keyboard auto connect when computeris turned on.

Thanx

John

gkellum
      Participant

The problem with auto connecting is that a lot of people are moving from iOS devices to computers and back again.  We had the H9 auto connecting early on but we found that it was hard to get it to disconnect from the device it had last auto connected to and connect to another device.  It made it seem to some users like the H9 was broken.  They kept trying to connect to it over and over again from a computer for example and it wouldn't connect because it was trying to auto connect to the iPhone in their pocket.

skywriter
      Participant

Can you make auto-connect a switch in settings? I have five H9’s on two iPad’s and it’s a pain to reconnect them whenever they disconnect for some reason. They don’t always show up on the Bluetooth menu of the device they were last paired to for some reason, and I have to go and determine them all, and repair them. A little bug with one H9 doesn’t shown up as often as the same bug with five.

johnboy10

Ok thanx for the reply.

Would be nice to be able to choose to auto connect or not. Maybe add it in the setting tab.
      Just an idea.

Thanx

John

gkellum
        Participant
        johnboy10 wrote:
        Would be nice to be able to choose to auto connect or not. Maybe add it in the setting tab.

Well, I'll talk to one of my colleagues about this.  We'll have to look up the old code and refresh our memories about how this used to work.

We have a new release coming soon, and it certainly won't make it that release.  We're already at the point where we are no longer making changes for that release but are only testing.

tomasbr
      Participant

Hi guys,

Any news on this? Removing my two H9’s from Bluetooth devices and then repairing after every restart or switch cycle is really frustrating. I’m using Win 10.

Oh, and redesign H9 Control UI to fits 1366×768 screens would be awesome. 

Thanks

T.

gkellum
        Participant
        tomasbr wrote:

Any news on this? Removing my two H9's from Bluetooth devices and then repairing after every restart or switch cycle is really frustrating. I'm using Win 10.

The behavior you are describing is specific to your Windows system.  In most cases on Windows, you pair with an H9 once and it remains connected as a device after you restart your Windows machine.  I don't know what Bluetooth dongle you are using or what Bluetooth driver that chip is using, but I would guess that the problem you are having is related to the Bluetooth driver.  Bluetooth dongles that use the built in Windows Bluetooth driver tend to behave better than dongles using custom drivers like the WIDCOMM or BlueSoleil driver, and in some cases a Bluetooth dongle may work fine with the Windows Bluetooth driver but they still bundle it with some other Bluetooth driver which doesn't work as well.  

tomasbr
      Participant

Guys, in regards of Bluetooth, do You really think that You really have it all right?

Those H9 BT issues makes me really crazy.  With all respect.

T.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.