H9 Bluetooth Midi connection question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Bluetooth Midi connection question

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      cwelling
      Participant

I’m trying to connect my H9 via BT Midi to another device  using a CME-PRO Widi Bud Pro, or a WIDI Uhost.

I can’t seem to get a Bluetooth connection to the H9 at all.  It connects just fine to my IOS devices, but not directly to the CME devices.

Is connecting a WIDI Jack to the Din plugs the only way for me to achieve this?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It appears to be not generally known, but there are two types of Bluetooth. This causes great confusion.

The original one is now known as Bluetooth Classic, or BR/EDR. This is the one you would use to listen to music from your phone on headphones.

The latest one is called BLE, or Bluetooth Low Energy. This is often used with battery powered equipment, as the name suggests.

The problem is that whilst these have underlying similarities, and are controlled by the same administrative body, they are totally incompatible.

Some units support one, some the other, and some (usually phones and Linux systems), both.

Since the H9 was designed before BLE was introduced, it only supports Bluetooth Classic.

Bt MIDI is more recent, and requires BLE (it was originated by Apple to use BLE), hence the H9 does not currently support it.

So, the DIN approach would be your best way.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.