H9 Bluetooth problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Bluetooth problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      mellotronman
      Participant

Hello,

My problem with my H9: I cannot connect H9 Control on my iPhone anymore. I get the error code sm_response_timeout. The phone says it is connected, but I’m not able to do anything in the app. Also the blue indicator led (when bluetooth is on) on my H9 does not light up. I tried switching bluetooth off and on again, but no result. I also restored to factory settings, but that didn’t help either.

Any Advice?

Thanks!

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      mellotronman wrote:

My problem with my H9: I cannot connect H9 Control on my iPhone anymore. I get the error code sm_response_timeout. The phone says it is connected, but I'm not able to do anything in the app. Also the blue indicator led (when Bluetooth is on) on my H9 does not light up. I tried switching Bluetooth off and on again, but no result. I also restored to factory settings, but that didn't help either.

Did it work well on your iPhone before? Have you tried restarting your iPhone?

Can you connect to your H9 on your laptop/computer?

mellotronman
        Participant

Did it work well on your iPhone before? Yes it did. I also have three other H9’s, all of them work fine. This one is the only one with a problem, which has much to do with the bluetooth led not working I guess…

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        mellotronman wrote:

Did it work well on your iPhone before? Yes it did. I also have three other H9's, all of them work fine. This one is the only one with a problem, which has much to do with the bluetooth led not working I guess…

Sounds like it. Try to connect to your H9 on some other devices (phone and computer), if you cannot, I'm afraid you have to email support@eventide.com and send it in.

You may also try to connect to it through USB and see if that works although it cannot fix the Bluetooth problem…

dbeats

I had the same problem with my iPhone after updating the H9 to v5.6.0. Bluetooth connection lost after just a few seconds or a few interactions. I deleted the bluetooth entry in my iPhone and re-initialized the pedal. I had to re-enter the 4-digit PIN. After that, everything worked fine again, just as before the update.

Hope that helps.

dbeats
        dbeats wrote:
        After that, everything worked fine again, just as before the update.

Correction: The error still occurs from time to time, both with my iPad and iPhone. Maybe there is something wrong with v5.6.0?

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        dbeats wrote:
        The error still occurs from time to time, both with my iPad and iPhone. Maybe there is something wrong with v5.6.0?

Does it get any better recently? I don't think it's v5.6.0's problem since we didn't change anything related to Bluetooth in this version.

Well, there is a step by step guide in the H9 Control manual about Bluetooth troubleshooting:

You may follow these steps and check if it works after each step

1. Verify that Bluetooth is enabled on your H9. A blue LED in the upper right-hand corner of the H9's display will be lit up if Bluetooth is turned on. Turn the Bluetooth off and on again on the H9 to reset the state of the Bluetooth chip by pressing X, Y, and Z buttons on the H9 simultaneously.

2. Restart the H9 with the right footswitch and HotKnob button pressed to restore H9's system settings.

3. Restart your mobile device completely to reset its state.

4. Reset the network settings of your mobile device.

5. If your mobile device still does not show your H9, please send an email to support@eventide.com. Our support team can further assist you in trouble shooting the problem.

Lucas Yoh

I have the same problem, did you solve it?

Lucas Yoh
      mellotronman wrote:

Hello,

My problem with my H9: I cannot connect H9 Control on my iPhone anymore. I get the error code sm_response_timeout. The phone says it is connected, but I’m not able to do anything in the app. Also the blue indicator led (when bluetooth is on) on my H9 does not light up. I tried switching bluetooth off and on again, but no result. I also restored to factory settings, but that didn’t help either.

Any Advice?

Thanks!

Did you manage to solve?

Did you manage to solve?

mjahoger
      Participant

I have the same issue. All of a suddenly, the H9s are no longer connecting to my app (communication time out). Moreover, the second H9 in my chain no longer instantaneously responds to MIDI commands, but takes a good second to change presets; longer than my first H9.

I have updated both H9s last week to the latest firmware, and had been using it several days last week without any issues. But today, there are suddenly connection issues.

What is going on with your product, Eventide?!

mjahoger
      Participant
      mjahoger wrote:
      I have the same issue. All of a suddenly, the H9s are no longer connecting to my app (communication time out). Moreover, the second H9 in my chain no longer instantaneously responds to MIDI commands, but takes a good second to change presets; longer than my first H9.

I have updated both H9s last week to the latest firmware, and had been using it several days last week without any issues. But today, there are suddenly connection issues.

What is going on with your product, Eventide?!

OK. I found the cause. I had not plugged in my Expression controller that sends out MIDI signals, so the jack of the cable rested on a metal case, causing the MIDI controller to send out a constant stream of MIDI messages. Once I had unplugged this cable, everything worked fine again. Phew!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.