H9 Bluetooth slower than USB?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Bluetooth slower than USB?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Bodde
      Participant

I have connected my H9 to my Mac computer for the first time today. It works but I noticed the reaction of the 'buttons' is much slower than when connected to USB. is this normal?

When I use my mouse to change values of the (on screen) buttons the values move in some jerky non-smooth way like there is some latency. This is not very handy for use on stage with a laptop.

Bodde
      Participant

Tried today a my Macbook with Mavericks and there it works fine. On my other Mac with OSX 10.6.8 it doesn't work correctly. Bluetooth works but much to slow as stated in my first post. Isn't OSX 10.6.8. fully compatible or something?

Just run into another problem. Tried saving some algorithm presets on my Macbook (not on the H9 itself). Each time I do this the H9 control crashes. So now I can't save presets. What can I do?

gkellum
      Participant

Could you send me the crash log you get when this happens? My email address is just my username plus @eventide.com.  Someone else mentioned earlier this week that if you try to use a '/' in a preset name that will cause the app to crash.  I don't suppose you were doing that?  

gkellum
      Participant

By the way I have no idea why things would be slower on Snow Leopard.  This Bluetooth connectivity on Mac is a new feature, and we're still learning about the problems people have been having on different kinds of computers.  

Bodde
      Participant

Yes I am the same guy!!

Bodde
      Participant

Tried it again today. And the H9 Control with Bluetooth on osx 10.6.8 is indeed much slower than USB. The 'knobs' react slow and in a shaky motion same goes for the xy and everything else. On my laptop with osx 10.9 it is working as it should.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.