H9 bricked?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 bricked?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Adamixoye
      Participant
      My Eventide H9 Max stopped working today.  It was on with my powered pedal board, and I stepped away for a bit, and when I returned it the screen was off.  I tried power cycling and checking cables, but it has remained off—mostly; a few times the screen has flicked on, and at one point the individual digits of the display came on one at a time in a pattern, fully illuminated (like a filled in zero).  But I have not been able to get it on it a responsive way at all.

I was powering it off of the recommended outlet of a Pedal Power Mondo (12V 400mA, center positive cable).  I tried a second, similar port and also two different original power supplies (for my Max and Core)—nothing worked.

I have already written Greg and the main support line at Eventide about this but I am pretty upset and I would like to know if there is anything else I can try that I’m not thinking of.

gkellum
      Participant

I'd like to get my colleague Nick's opinion on your problem, but can you boot your H9 into update mode?  When you turn it off and then turn it on with the HotKnob pressed (the switch in the upper left hand corner of the H9), does it turn on with the word UPDATE on its display?

Adamixoye
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

I’d like to get my colleague Nick’s opinion on your problem, but can you boot your H9 into update mode?  When you turn it off and then turn it on with the HotKnob pressed (the switch in the upper left hand corner of the H9), does it turn on with the word UPDATE on its display?

I tried that just now and nothing happened.

If it matters I’m wired in pre/post mode and was still getting signal through my chain, which I did not necessarily expect.  Does the Eventide default to true bypass when it’s off?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you can't get it into update mode it has to come back. Sorry.

It does default to true bypass when it's off.

Adamixoye
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

If you can’t get it into update mode it has to come back. Sorry.

It does default to true bypass when it’s off.

And I guess if I think about the routing that will still work in pre/post mode, huh.

As I said, I already wrote an e-mail that I copied to both Greg and support@eventide.  I included the S/N and everything.  I don’t remember your warranty period, this unit is only about a year old, which is concerning.  Please send instructions on how to return.  Thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.