H9 button re-assign

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 button re-assign

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      tommygunn

Hello one and all.  I couldn't decide on weather to purchase the PitchFactor or the H9 but after investigating I got the H9.  I have also added the 3 switch Digitech FS3X and thanks to Jerome was able to assign the switches to almost what I wanted.  Well that didn't work for me the other night when I went out to my local jam……. Forgot to bring the FS3X switch.

My STUPID…dah.

Anyhow, is it possible to assign the middle big button as the learn/Flex button just like on the PitchFactor?  The H9 pedal was useless to me the other night as I couldn't or didn't know how to learn the key that was being used for the number being done???? Again my stupid or dumb.  Well at home I had one of the 3 aux switches assigned to do it.

Bottom line is I have a couple of days left to return the pedal and get the PitchFactor which was great without the added FS3X even though I have purchased several of the Pitchfactor algorithms.  I did try one for a couple of days.

Anyone able to help or advise here.

Thanks, Tommy

gkellum
      Participant

Hey, currently, no, it's not possible to assign the encoder's button to act like the performance switch.  The encoder's button changes whether the right footswitch increments or decrements presets, and we didn't think it was a good idea to give it a more central function than that given than it can be hard to hit depending on what kind of shoes you're wearing. You are the second person to ask for that particular option though, and we will at least discuss it internally.

tommygunn

Ok I guess what I need to know is, without any aux pedal attached how do I use the learn/flex function on a stand alone H9 pedal?  I do have PitchFactor algorithms installed that I require. So again how do I use the learn/flex function on a stand alone H9 pedal?  Basically right out of the box and no H9 Ipad control either?

Thanks,

Tom

hendrik7

Is it not possible to change the footswitches on the H9?

I don't see any option for that in the menu?

I've connected a three way switch and I wanted to have the external switch do up and down and bypass/activate. And then have the two switches on the H9 itself be the hotswitch and tap.

Is that not possible? :/

gkellum
      Participant

No, it's not possible to reassign the function of the switches on the H9 itself. The left footswitch can be used for tapping in the tempo though by long pressing it…

hendrik7

That kinda stinks because if you have an external switch in which you have the increments and decrements, you have to go between pedals to activate the chosen preset. Would be much better if you could program it like this so you wouldn't have to go back and forth between the H9 and the external switch when changing presets.

Ideally if the external switch would be unplugged, the H9 would go back to its default setting (left bypass – right increment)

Cheers

TommyJay

Ok again, just incase I was not understood.  Suppose, I just bought the H9, added the Pitchfactor Diatonic algorithm, with NO AUX PEDAL.  How do I use the Learn/Plex pedal/function to select the key I am playing in?

Please don't take the caps above as me yelling, I just wanted to make sure to imphasize that no external Aux pedals are attached.  The unit is theoratically out of the box with the added Diatonic Algorithm.

Thanks,

Tommy 

gkellum
      Participant

Hey Tommy, well, I guess this answer is not going to make you happy, but the only way to access the Learn function with the H9 is using an AUX switch.  

TommyJay

Thanks and yes you are right it dosn't make me happy.  For simplicitys sake I think I am going to return the H9 and get the PitchFactor, even though I have already purchased the two PitchFactor algorithms.  Already forgotten the aux pedal twice now and basically the H9 was useless to me.  I really only use the harmonizer anyway so I guess from day one I should have just gotten the PitchFactor.

Thanks again for you help.

Tommy

rrinn

i wish that "HOT Switch" is possible to  assign  "TAP Switch" by new update!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.