H9: buy core, std or max?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9: buy core, std or max?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Taloan
      Participant

Hi there,

I read about that the Maxout is discontinued.

Question:

What now, if I buy a core or a standard H9?

Will i ever stay with the “functionality” of it? (because i also read that in-app purchases are discontinued too)? Will I never be able up load/buy new algos?

Thanks for your resond.

Talo

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      Taloan wrote:
      I read about that the Maxout is discontinued.

This is not correct. The MaxOut program is going on indefinitely. Visit this link to see what your discounted price would be: https://www.eventideaudio.com/store/upgrade-h9

The price to upgrade a Standard H9 is $200 or 10 algorithms. The price to upgrade an H9 Core – $300 or 15 algorithms. If you purchased algorithms before the deadline earlier this year, those will count toward your upgrade price.

Taloan wrote:
      if I buy a core or a standard H9, will i ever stay with the “functionality” of it?

You can either upgrade your Core/Standard to a Max one time, or if you already own a Max, you may use it to enhance an existing Core/Standard.

Taloan wrote:
      i also read that in-app purchases are discontinued too)? Will I never be able up load/buy new algos?

True, purchasing individual algorithms is no longer possible. The only way to acquire algorithms on a Core/Standard unit is converting the units to a Max via the MaxOut program.

Taloan
      Participant

Hi, thanks for your quick resonse. That makes it more clearly 🙂

So at thomann in germany the standard is 499 and the max is 699. When maxout is 200.. it’s the same, wheter I buy standard+maxout at 499+200 oder buy max 699 from the start.

Only difference seems that @max the algos are linked to the hardware, @standard+maxout the algos are linked to my account… maybe thats important, when selling a used device maybe some years later

greets talo

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      Taloan wrote:
      Only difference seems that @max the algos are linked to the hardware, @standard+maxout the algos are linked to my account… maybe thats important, when selling a used device maybe some years later

If you “MaxOut” a Core/Standard it becomes an H9 Max in Eventide’s system forever, regardless if that serial number changes owners.

Every Eventide account holder is allowed to MaxOut ONCE, so I would think twice about selling it in the future.

skywriter
      Participant
      joecozzi wrote:
      Taloan wrote:

If you “MaxOut” a Core/Standard it becomes an H9 Max in Eventide’s system forever, regardless if that serial number changes owners.

Every Eventide account holder is allowed to MaxOut ONCE, so I would think twice about selling it in the future.

Hey Joe, is that ONCE per account, or ONCE per H9? I have five H9’s, with one MAX. I think we did this dance before, but I forgot the answer. I would assume I could MAX them individually, if I decided to sell one or two and keep the rest. For now, I’m keeping them all, but the bluetooth limit of 3, really taxes that decision daily. I don’t want to run USB everywhere, everytime, like I can in my studio.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      skywriter wrote:
      Hey Joe, is that ONCE per account, or ONCE per H9? I have five H9's, with one MAX. I think we did this dance before, but I forgot the answer. I would assume I could MAX them individually, if I decided to sell one or two and keep the rest. For now, I'm keeping them all, but the bluetooth limit of 3, really taxes that decision daily. I don't want to run USB everywhere, everytime, like I can in my studio.

The MAX OUT program is once per account. If you already have a Max, that unit allows you to download the algorithms to up to four non-Max units, so long as they are registered to your account. If you want to upgrade another non-Max H9 to a Max using the MAX OUT program, you may only do it once. Then your account would show you as the owner of two Max units. You would NOT be able to convert any more non-Max units in the future.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.