H9 cable connection to iPad?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 cable connection to iPad?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Zsolt57
      Participant

Good morning – H9 newbie here, please be patient with me : ))

FAQ says that USB is  “for use with your computer sequencer or DAW. The USB interface can also be used to dump your presets and load new presets. Finally, the USB interface is used to load software upgrades” – does that literally mean that H9 cannot be conncted to H9 Control ios App on iPad? Micro USB to a camera adaptor doesn’t seem to work.

Thanks in advance

Zsolt

gkellum
      Participant

No, you should be able to connect an H9 to an iOS device using the camera connection kit.  You're having trouble doing so?  There is some trouble shooting help in the H9 Control manual which you can find in the app under Settings / Help or here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h9-control-manual

If you can't get this to work, please let us know what device you're trying to do this on and what version of iOS you have installed, and we'll check it out.

Zsolt57
        Participant

gkellum, thank you for your reply. And of course it is as easy as I would have expected it. In fact, there was something wrong with the cable, that’s all. I apologize for inconvenience.
        I would prefer to engage Bluetooth instead of a cable, but I found H9 control not stable enough by working wireless. It gets weird as soon as I switch to some other app and back again. With cable connection it seems to work better.
        But I’m OK now and I enjoy this piece of tech
        Thanks again
        Zsolt

skywriter
      Participant

I have an iPad connected to five H9’s through a simple hub. I can control each H9 individually through a single instance of H9 Control app.

Zsolt57
      Participant

Works fine –

it is a bit annoying though that switching to another app on the iPad and then back again to H9 control causes the latter to restart (?) and go to Algo tab.

Is there a way to tell H9 app just to run in the background?

skywriter
      Participant

The ‘app switching’ behavior you noted also prevents me from using the iPad’s multitasking. At the moment it isn’t a problem since I have several iPad’s. Allocating one for H9 controlling several H9’s isn’t a heart break, but I’m sure I’m in the majority on that count.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.