H9: Can I use MIDI for program changes and exp, and still use an aux switch for hotswitch?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9: Can I use MIDI for program changes and exp, and still use an aux switch for hotswitch?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      chrism27
      Participant

Hopefully my subject line explained it well enough.  I am using a Disaster Area DPC-5 Gen 3 for program changes, bypass, and expression but it doesn’t have the ability to sent a CC for the hotswitch (at least not to my knowledge).  I’d like to plug an aux switch into the exp jack and use that for the hotswitch (or another aux function). Does this work or is there an issue combining MIDI contol with aux switches?  

Thanks!

camn
      Participant

No issues I have that exact setup. 

And I protested to Disaster back in the day that they could do better with the HotSwitch.

chrism27
      Participant

Thanks! 

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      chrism27 wrote:

I am using a Disaster Area DPC-5 Gen 3 for program changes, bypass, and expression but it doesn't have the ability to sent a CC for the hotswitch (at least not to my knowledge).

You can use MIDI CC to control the hotswitch. It's call "Performance Switch (middle footswitch)" in the MIDI CC mapping menu in H9 Control.

camn
      Participant

Last I checked the Gen3 supported the hotswitch, but there were some timing issues. There was a tiny delay, which ruined it for me. 

But I retired that pedal a while back, and they had some brisk updates, so maybe it is fine now?

Here was the discussion:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/disaster-area-designs/hotswitch%7Csort:date/disaster-area-designs/rtaGQn6rpKA/12pnxLVxBAAJ

chrism27
      Participant

Unfortunately the DPC-5 doesn’t allow for custom cc messages as far as I know.
      Would I need to use a TRS cable for a single button aux switch, or is TS fine?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      chrism27 wrote:
      Unfortunately the DPC-5 doesn't allow for custom cc messages as far as I know. Would I need to use a TRS cable for a single button aux switch, or is TS fine?

Well, H9 can take any MIDI CC messages and map them to whatever functions you like.

If you want to use a single button aux switch, I believe both TRS and TS can work. TS should be fine.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.