H9 can’t be set as Master Clock ?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 can’t be set as Master Clock ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      entreat69
      Participant

Hi I'm trying to find a way to set H9 as my main Master Clock with the Tap Tempo to send down a stream of devices including my 2nd H9, Time Factor, Pitch Factor, Space, the Beat Buddy and the TC Helicon VoiceLIve 3 (just updated with beta firmware that now enables the unit to sync to incoming clock).

I can't seem to find any way to do so with the H9 or am i missing something? I have been for quite awhile now set my Time Factor with the Tap Tempo as the master clock successfully but now would like to set the H9 to master clock instead.

Please help. Thanks.

gkellum
      Participant

Did you enable MIDI Clock out?  The option is not in H9 Control (I apologize for that oversight…), but if you go into the MIDI settings on your H9, the option is there… I was just testing this functionality in response to a different question from a customer a few days ago with the latest Looper release, and everything was working fine…

entreat69
      Participant

Hey Thanks! Yup it's there within H9 and works! Great! 🙂

cbellanga

hi guys, can I extend this topic a bit?

My pedalboard is: MusicomLab MKIII > H9 > h9 Core > TC Nova drive

All H9s are set to midi through so I can send the patch info to them + nova drive.

What I'd love to do as well is tap-tempo on the first H9 and that being transmitted to the Core.

Am I right to say that is not possible? When set to XMT, I loose the info coming from the MusicomLab correct? Any chance I can have through + XMT together so my H9 COre can change patches sent from musicomlab + adjust tempo from the previous H9?

thanks! 

gkellum
      Participant

cbellanga:

Am I right to say that is not possible? When set to XMT, I loose the info coming from the MusicomLab correct? Any chance I can have through + XMT together so my H9 COre can change patches sent from musicomlab + adjust tempo from the previous H9?

You are right to say that is not possible. There would need to be a third option to merge incoming MIDI data with MIDI data generated by the H9 and send both out the H9s MIDI out.  There are MIDI merge boxes on the market, and you could use one of those to merge the MIDI data from your H9 and your musicomlab.  I think a cheaper option though would be to use an aux switch with a cable splitter to connect it to both H9s to tap in the tempo so rather than one H9 controlling the other via MIDI clock both would just derive the tempo from the aux switch as you tap it in…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.