H9 can’t handle line level effects loops?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 can’t handle line level effects loops?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      jazzgear
      Participant

So it appears so, I switched from the TimeFactor to the H9, and the H9 in the loop of my SLO is clipping badly even with the input gain as low as the S/W will allow.  Any chance this could be fixed in a S/W update, or is it a hardware limitation?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The H9 doesn't have a line input as such, but the guitar input will take quite a high level. You would have to drive it rather hard to clip it. If the input is being clipped (this will require almost 10 volts signal swing), adjusting the gain will not help – you need to see why your signal is so hot.

jazzgear
      Participant

What could be investigated?  The only thing connected in the loop is the H9 .  I don't have that problem withe Eclipse I  had previously or the TimeFactor.  I could take iPhone vidclip to show how at even the lowest allowable input level the meter is still hitting red, and audible clipping.  I slo have a TC Electronic G Force, and am able to bring the level low enough to prevent clipping..

jazzgear
      Participant

Regrettably I ended up selling my H9 as it is unusable with any line level loops.  Didn't work with my  SLO or Shiva….unit clips even at the lowest input gain.  It's ok if I play not too hard on the clean channel..but if I dig in, it clips….and it's totally unusable in the lead channel

i hope thus issue is resolved in a future version, either software or hardware upgraded, cause it's a great pedal.  

I think ink you guys missed the mark on this… 

alexone
      Participant

I haven't had this problem with my mesa. A workaround could be to use a reamp box !?

jazzgear
      Participant

Yeah, it works fine on my Mark V too, as all, Mesa's have instrument level loops.  And those line level shifters don't work we'll with my SLO….I'm gonna try to track down an Eclipse.

ROBLEISHMAN
      Participant

Same issue with my Matchless clubman 35, an amp known for its good stable effects loop. Disappointed to say the least.

Epsilide
      Participant

I'm having the same problem with loop effect levels.

I'm designing a new stereo pedalboard and have a new strymon timeline and H9 and I can't see the possibility to have control of loop levels per separated (L and R).
      In some cases, when delays are equilibrated (the replays have same level in both channels), then reverbs sounds unbalanced channels and i can't edit stereo configuration.

I have a classic stereo two amp setup, with two sends and two returns per amp. Send Amp A to H9 in1 and Send Amp B to H9 in2 and the same with the returns.
      All in serial loop mode.

I tried to cut the send level of ampA to equilibrate levels, but the H9 ignores send information (not for delays) and the dry signal for that channel disappears.

I will try to limit the return level also.
      I'm sad because I can't work with each stereo channels and i can not match levels with other processors.

Sorry. I'm disappointed.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.