H9 connecting problems to H9 controller on Windows

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 connecting problems to H9 controller on Windows

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      rjakobej

I’m not sure what happened. I’ve been using my H9 pedal through bluetooth for the last 2 weeks and it always connected to my H9 controller on Windows. The device was recognized and I could change the presets via the program. Suddanly it doesn’t work. No matter what I do, it can’t recognize the device, anytime I turn it on, it gives me the 3 options (demo mode, search for help and manually find the device) The third option doesn’t work because it asks me to choose a COM port which I don’t use. I’m not sure what may be the problem as nothing changed since I’ve used it before. I tried turning the bluetooth on and off on the pedal, I tried removing the device from bluettoth list on notebook and paired it back with the pedal. 

gkellum
      Participant

You've tried restarting your Windows machine, right?  You should try clearing the system settings on your H9 as well by starting it with the right footswitch and the HotKnob switch pressed (the switch in the upper left hand corner of the H9).  

Do you have Windows 10 installed?  Did it recently apply any updates?  We've heard from a fair number of users who've had problems after Windows 10 updated itself.  Windows 10 has a fairly good help section on trouble shooting Bluetooth connectivity issues, and most users who had Windows 10 problems were able to solve them after consulting the Windows 10 trouble shooting help.

Wallace
      Participant

Check your bluetooth connection.

camn
      Participant

I found the Window/H9 bluetooth connection has always been a bit tenuous.

I definately have to power ON my H9 after I am all logged into windows to even have a prayer. ..then sometimes if it prompts for a port I chose COM3 and it connects.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.