H9 Control 3.7 update behaving erratically connecting with Mac via bluetooth.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control 3.7 update behaving erratically connecting with Mac via bluetooth.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      tiresias
      Participant

A number of strange behaviours here with 3.7. 

Eg if I select an empty slot in a list and then try and save a preset to it it will only give me the option to save to slot one… or sometimes comes up with either save to slot 1 or the pedal, neither of which I want to do so then have to quit the app to avoid overwrtiting something i want to keep. It seems whatever empty slot I click on in a preset list I to add a preset I only get the option to save to slot 1.

Also other glitches like expression pedal not synicing to app, preset adjustments not saving to pedal and so on,  error messages about having lost contact with the pedal, difficulty initialising bluetooth connection on startup and so on.

I’ve never had such difficulties with the control app. 

Anybody else noticed similar glitches with 3.7?

tiresias
      Participant

It’s getting quite wonky now… Control app won’t get preset list from pedal either via bluetooth or midi… 

I’ve tried reinstalling the firmware. 

tiresias
      Participant

Hi Bohan, yes I’m using Mac Pro running Mojave. Everything has been pretty seamless untiil the latest Control app and Firmware update. 

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Can you try reinstalling the latest H9 firmware in the Direct Updater via a USB cable?

tiresias
      Participant

Hi Bohan, thanks man, I think that might have done it, I’ve been working with it, editiing through blue tooth, for a couple of hours now and it seems stable again. 

I’d never used the Direct Updater before, it never worked for me, would never find the pedal and I assumed it was legacy or redundant, but now realise it has to connect via Midi. 

The other thing is… the reason I was so needful of getting bluetooth stable again is that I edit in conjunction with a Morningstar MC6 controller and if I have the H9 connected to the Mac via midi then it blocks out the iincoming MC6 patch change messages for some reason. This has always been the case but hasn’t bothered me becuase when the H9 is bluetoothed it will still see the MC6. I’ve assumed that was somehow normal..??

But all seems good again so far, thanks 

tiresias
      Participant

Hi Bohan, it seems I spoke too soon… everything seems fine until I plug another mdi device into the mac and everything goes haywire again… producing the following error messages… 

tiresias
      Participant

Thanks for clariffying USB vs 5 pin midi. I am still getting a lot of Bluetooth dropout. This never seemed to be the case prior to Contol 3.7.  What i’ve noticed is, and i’ve tried this with two Macs now, is that the ‘Bluetooth Paired’ light no longer comes on. It’s the same with a Mojave Mac Pro and a Catalina Macbook. This seems to be a recent development with the Mac version of the latest Control app.  

tiresias
      Participant

What i’ve noticed is, and i’ve tried this with two Macs now, is that the ‘Bluetooth Paired’ light no longer comes on. It’s the same with a Mojave Mac Pro and a Catalina Macbook. This seems to be a recent development with the Mac version of the latest Control app.  

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      tiresias wrote:

It's getting quite wonky now… Control app won't get preset list from pedal either via bluetooth or midi… 

I've tried reinstalling the firmware. 

What device are you using? What's the OS version of it? Have you tried using H9 Control on another device?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      tiresias wrote:

Hi Bohan, it seems I spoke too soon… everything seems fine until I plug another mdi device into the mac and everything goes haywire again… producing the following error messages… 

Does H9 work without the other MIDI device? If so, I don't know…

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      tiresias wrote:

The other thing is… the reason I was so needful of getting bluetooth stable again is that I edit in conjunction with a Morningstar MC6 controller and if I have the H9 connected to the Mac via midi then it blocks out the iincoming MC6 patch change messages for some reason. This has always been the case but hasn't bothered me becuase when the H9 is bluetoothed it will still see the MC6. I've assumed that was somehow normal..??

Yes, the MIDI 5-pin ports and the USB cannot work simultaneously. If USB is connected, USB MIDI will be the default source for MIDI communication.

tiresias
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

Does H9 work without the other MIDI device? If so, I don’t know…

No it went erratic again without the other device, the MC6, plugged into the Mac. 

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      tiresias wrote:

Thanks for clariffying USB vs 5 pin midi. I am still getting a lot of Bluetooth dropout. This never seemed to be the case prior to Contol 3.7.  What i've noticed is, and i've tried this with two Macs now, is that the 'Bluetooth Paired' light no longer comes on. It's the same with a Mojave Mac Pro and a Catalina Macbook. This seems to be a recent development with the Mac version of the latest Control app.  

My Mac is on Mojave and it works fine with my H9. I'd like to know more about how the MIDI device messed up the communication.

Could you try resetting your H9's Bluetooth (XYZ buttons) and resetting your Mac's bluetooth (https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/reset-mac-bluetooth-module/, reset the module and forget all devices), and pair with your H9 in H9 Control again and see if it works?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      tiresias wrote:

What i've noticed is, and i've tried this with two Macs now, is that the 'Bluetooth Paired' light no longer comes on. It's the same with a Mojave Mac Pro and a Catalina Macbook. This seems to be a recent development with the Mac version of the latest Control app.  

The Bluetooth LED will only be lit when it's paired with an iOS device. So it is not a problem if you use a Mac and the LED doesn't come on.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.