H9 control app compatability with H9 Plugin

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins H9 control app compatability with H9 Plugin

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      dude0416
      Participant

I’m wondering if I can use the h9 control app with the h9 plugins.  I currently use the app to control a timefactor and h9, but recently purchased the plugins to use in my DAW.  I’d like to be able to control the vsts with the app, but can’t figure out how.

headsnack

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to use the H9 Control app with H9 plug-ins. However, all H9 plug-ins are easily programmable by assigning knob sweeps to the Ribbon or two distinct sets of parameters using the Hot Switch.

How do you use the plug-ins and how do you envision the H9 Control in helping your process?

dude0416
      Participant

Thanks for the response.  I use the plugins on practically all of my virtual instruments during live music production, so real time control is absolutely necessary.  I know i can assign midi control and utilize my several midi controllers, however the h9 control app is just so perfect id prefer it greatly.  If you guys can make that happen in the future, that would be awesome.

headsnack

Duly noted on the request but now you have me curious…. Have you experimented with programming The Ribbon & Hot Switch within the plug-ins themselves? The Ribbon allows you to change multiple parameters at once by applying them all to one control (the ribbon). In this way one knob on your MIDI controller could change your Mix level, and lots of other parameters (like pitch, delay, feedback, etc.) at the same time. If you’re digging H9 Control because of being able to scroll through presets, the Hot Switch is a great way to program two distinct sets of parameters. It’s like having two presets within one preset, something that is very advantageous when playing live.

dude0416
      Participant

Oh yeah, all of that is awesome, and I’ve played with it all in the stomp ones I have already.  However, I run the plugins on my pc, but I use my iPad for touch screen control of my vsts.  I can just assign some new midi controls on Touch OSC or one of my midi controllers, but to have the virtual stompbox on the iPad to control what’s going on in the daw would be ideal. Like on the control app, you can choose which device to control,  so if you could choose a detected vst to control too, it would make my life easier.  Hope I’m getting across what I’m trying to.  Lol.  Regardless, I’m very happy with all of my eventide gear/software and wish I could afford more.  Thanks.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.