H9 Control background process on ipad

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control background process on ipad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Stax_911
      Participant

Hello,

I am using my H9 Control on an ipad pro. 

I am driving several audio app simultaneity on the ipad (Aum, Audiobus, Loopy HD…) and each time I am opening an other app and come back, H9 Control has to re start.

I’d like to know if there is a way to make H9 control work in background process with other app, in order not to re-start when I come back. Is it clear ?

Thank you for your help.

gkellum
      Participant
      Stax_911 wrote:

I'd like to know if there is a way to make H9 control work in background process with other app, in order not to re-start when I come back. Is it clear ?

No, there's no way to allow H9 Control to run in the background.  We modified H9 Control to work like that when iOS 11 was released but it made it impossible for many users to connect to multiple H9 devices. Unfortunately, if an app uses Bluetooth, it won't function correctly if you let it run in the background.

Here's a link to the thread describing the problems people ran into when we tried to add support for running in the background.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/help-communication-error

mustafaicil
      Participant

This should still be an option for people who are using only one H9. Not being able to switch back and forth is a major showstopper.

gkellum
        Participant
        mustafaicil wrote:

This should still be an option for people who are using only one H9. Not being able to switch back and forth is a major showstopper.

Well, unfortunately, this is not something that you can control from software.  There's a settings file that gets submitted with the app that says whether the app supports background mode or not, and you can't override that setting from software.  So, there's no mechanism for us to allow some users to opt into this and others not to.

mustafaicil
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

mustafaicil wrote:

Well, unfortunately, this is not something that you can control from software.  There’s a settings file that gets submitted with the app that says whether the app supports background mode or not, and you can’t override that setting from software.  So, there’s no mechanism for us to allow some users to opt into this and others not to.

Then a recommendation would be to have two versions of the software (one to manage a single device with background support; and another to support multiple devices). You will know this better but I assume most of your users have a single H9.

Stax_911
        Participant

[/quote]

Then a recommendation would be to have two versions of the software (one to manage a single device with background support; and another to support multiple devices). You will know this better but I assume most of your users have a single H9.

[/quote]

Yes I totaly aggry. I am using only one H9  and that would be a good solution to allow users to choice for a multiple or single devices version of the H9 Control.

Thank you for your answer.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.