H9 Control Crashes after update

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control Crashes after update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      digbob
      Participant

just updated to the newest version of H9 Control, 

now the software try to start and then copletely crashes, i see the window for a very short time and then it crashes and after thatz i got 

the message h9 control suddenly ended from my mac, it dont work anymore

it crashes when trying to open the algorythms tab

when im fast enough to hit another tab it opens, as soon as i try to hit the algorythmn Tab

it crashes

the H9 is on the latest uodate

please advice what to do, before this update all was fine

is it possible to downgrade to the former version ?

im 0n Mac OSX 10.13.6 Macbook Pro 2016

i attached  the report which was created from the mac after the crash

gkellum
      Participant

Ok, thank you for sending us that crash report.  I just sent you an email with a link to a new build which hopefully will fix the problem.

sivey1987

It is also crashing on me when I try to open after update.

gkellum
        Participant
        sivey1987 wrote:

It is also crashing on me when I try to open after update.

Alright we should have a new build posted soon with a fix to the problem.  There is a work around you can use though.  As soon as the app launches but before it crashes click on the Settings button in the app's bottom menu bar, go to 'Algorithm Sorting', and and select any sorting type except 'By Name'.  

I'll post back to this thread when the new builds are available.

paulmarshall
      Participant

I’m having the crash too. I’m on Mac OSX Mojave and attach the crash report. The workaround of clicking settings is not working for me. There’s no way out of the loop.

davebrubaker
      Participant

When exactly do you expect a working version? I’m running Mac OS 10.13.6

Where can I download the previous working version of H9 Control? Right now I’ve got nothing.

I have to say that I’m really dissapointed. I’m a dedicated customer (3 h9s) and I understand that software development can be a complex process. BUT… it would be appropriate to place a warning on the download page AND a link to the previous working version of H9 control. It would have saved us some aggrivation.

Thanks for your help.

davebrubaker wrote:

When exactly do you expect a working version? I’m running Mac OS 10.13.6

Where can I download the previous working version of H9 Control? Right now I’ve got nothing.

I have to say that I’m really dissapointed. I’m a dedicated customer (3 h9s) and I understand that software development can be a complex process. BUT… it would be appropriate to place a warning on the download page AND a link to the previous working version of H9 control. It would have saved us some aggrivation.

Thanks for your help.

Found that the H9  Pedal just needed to load the software and the Pedal  display was cyclying thro UPDATE : WRITE : ERASE I left the pedal for a few minutes and it all came good, I hope this helps other people who come up against this error, Don’t Panic just let it update the software within the Pedal in its own time.

gkellum
      Participant

Here is the new release that should be posted on Monday.  Could you please give it a try?  It should fix the issue you're having:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.eventide.downloads/Installation+Files/Installation+Files+Stompboxes/H9Control-3.5.2-osx-installer.dmg

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.