H9 Control: Edit Preset List

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control: Edit Preset List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      leond

When I'm in H9 Control, I know I can view preset lists, both on my iPad and on the H9.  And there is an edit feature.

It seems like all I can do with the edit feature is replace presets.  I can pull up an algorithm and preset on the left side of the screen and drag it to a preset location. 

What I'd like to be able to do is insert a new preset in the existing preset list.  I'd also like to be able to take the preset list and reorder the existing presets.

Is this possible?

gkellum
      Participant

leond:

What I'd like to be able to do is insert a new preset in the existing preset list. 

When you say you'd like to insert a new preset in the preset list, I guess you mean if you're dropping a preset at position 5 you'd like everything above that to shift over by one?  No, H9 Control doesn't support that at the moment.  I can understand why you'd need to do that sometimes, but that would also lead to the last preset being dropped off the list if a preset were assigned to the last position.

leond:

I'd also like to be able to take the preset list and reorder the existing presets.

This is also not supported in the current release, but we have added copy, paste, and swap functionality in what will be the next release.

leond

gkellum:

leond:

What I'd like to be able to do is insert a new preset in the existing preset list. 

When you say you'd like to insert a new preset in the preset list, I guess you mean if you're dropping a preset at position 5 you'd like everything above that to shift over by one?  No, H9 Control doesn't support that at the moment.  I can understand why you'd need to do that sometimes, but that would also lead to the last preset being dropped off the list if a preset were assigned to the last position.

leond:

I'd also like to be able to take the preset list and reorder the existing presets.

This is also not supported in the current release, but we have added copy, paste, and swap functionality in what will be the next release.

Your assumption on insert is correct.  For me, dropping presets off the high end would not be a problem.  I'm only using the first 10 or 20 positions for my "gig" presets.  After that, it's just experimentation and filler.

If I remember correctly, FactorLib has an insert function.  Actually, the functionality of FactorLib is perfect.  I never had a problem arranging the presets on my Factor pedals with it.

Your planned updates will be helpful and appreciated but I think its just part way there.

leond

I used the new version of the H9 Control app last night and the improvements make it much more useable.  Thank you.

One bug I did find is when pasting a preset from the H9 Control software into the pedal.  I can do a copy of the preset.  I can go over to the presets on the pedal and do a paste.  And I get an OK popup that correctly describes the operation I want to do.  But the preset never gets pasted.

Thanks again.

gkellum
      Participant

leond:

One bug I did find is when pasting a preset from the H9 Control software into the pedal.  I can do a copy of the preset.  I can go over to the presets on the pedal and do a paste.  And I get an OK popup that correctly describes the operation I want to do.  But the preset never gets pasted.

Are you using H9 Control on an iPhone/iPod, iPad, Mac OS X or Windows?  I just tried that on Mac OS X, and it worked fine.  But if you let me know what platform you're using H9 Control on, I'll check it out there.

Thanks for suggesting the insert feature by the way. I think a lot of people will find that helpful.

leond

I had the problem with an iPad running iOS 7.0.4.  Thanks.

gkellum
      Participant

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem so far.  When I've tried copying and pasting presets on an iPad directly on an H9, they pasted correctly.  What I did notice though is that if you've set the preset range on the H9 to scroll from presets 1 – 25 and you paste to preset index 26, H9 Control doesn't ask you if you'd like to change the preset range on the H9 to 1 – 26.  So, you can't actually get to the new preset until you change the preset range…  Maybe, this is the problem you were having?  In any case we'll have to add a dialog that asks you if you want to change the preset range…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.