H9 control feature request

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 control feature request

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      terich
      Participant

I’d like to see the names of presets, not just the number, in the dropdown menu when choosing the “Save to H9” from the H9 Control ipad App. Right now it just shows a list of numbers to scroll through. If I could see the preset name in addition I could prevent myself from overwriting presets i need.

gkellum
      Participant
      terich wrote:

I'd like to see the names of presets, not just the number, in the dropdown menu when choosing the "Save to H9" from the H9 Control ipad App. Right now it just shows a list of numbers to scroll through. If I could see the preset name in addition I could prevent myself from overwriting presets i need.

That's a good idea.  We'll see if we can't get to that relatively soon.

terich
      Participant

Awesome!

Marcel
      Participant

Another request 🙂

Sometimes when I name something in H9 Control for iPad I can’t see what I am writing: the iPad typewriter takes away my vision of the field in which I am writing. But this is not always the case, a bit weird, I can’t remember in what situation exactly I can’t see what I write. Nevertheless: the field in which you write letters should better be always above (and not under) the typewriter screen, so that you always can see what you write. To be honest: it is a bit annoying.

gkellum
        Participant
        Marcel wrote:

Sometimes when I name something in H9 Control for iPad I can't see what I am writing: the iPad typewriter takes away my vision of the field in which I am writing. But this is not always the case, a bit weird, I can't remember in what situation exactly I can't see what I write. Nevertheless: the field in which you write letters should better be always above (and not under) the typewriter screen, so that you always can see what you write.

Next time you see this happen, please take a screenshot of it and send it to us.  You do this on the iPad by pressing the home button and the power button simultaneously.

Marcel
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

Next time you see this happen, please take a screenshot of it and send it to us.  You do this on the iPad by pressing the home button and the power button simultaneously.

Ok, I’ll do that.

Marcel
      Participant

Yes, got one…rename preset….see pic.

gkellum
        Participant
        Marcel wrote:
        Yes, got one…rename preset….see pic.

Cool, thanks.  We'll fix that in the next release.

Marcel
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

Great! Thanks! 🙂

Marcel
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

Yes! It is fixed in the new release I just downloaded. Great! Are there any new features?

Some other bug I found (I use H9 Control for iPad):
        In ‘presets lists’ and in ‘presets’ mode you have at top right of screen: ‘more’. You there have the option : email. But nothing happens when you press that (this is the case in both modes).

Now I work my way around it by exporting via settings, but….an option where nothing happens…is not really an option 🙂 So I think these are bugs.

gkellum
        Participant
        Marcel wrote:
        gkellum wrote:

Some other bug I found (I use H9 Control for iPad): In 'presets lists' and in 'presets' mode you have at top right of screen: 'more'. You there have the option : email. But nothing happens when you press that (this is the case in both modes).

I had someone else tell me about that problem but I couldn't reproduce it.  There were like 5 different versions of iOS 9.3.  So, maybe, it was specific to one of those versions?  In any case iOS 10 is out now.  I'll have to check if it's still happening in iOS 10.

As a temporary work around, if you rotate your device from landscape to portrait orientation (or vice versa) and try again, that might help.  The problem seems to be related to the iPad's orientation.

Marcel
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

As a temporary work around, if you rotate your device from landscape to portrait orientation (or vice versa) and try again, that might help.  The problem seems to be related to the iPad's orientation.

Tried it and you’re right: it works fine in portrait orientation. Thanks!

Marcel
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:
        Marcel wrote:

Some other bug I found (I use H9 Control for iPad): In 'presets lists' and in 'presets' mode you have at top right of screen: 'more'. You there have the option : email. But nothing happens when you press that (this is the case in both modes).

I had someone else tell me about that problem but I couldn't reproduce it.  There were like 5 different versions of iOS 9.3.  So, maybe, it was specific to one of those versions?  In any case iOS 10 is out now.  I'll have to check if it's still happening in iOS 10.

Just updated my ios to ios 10, tested it and it is the same in ios 10 : email doesn’t work in landscape mode and does work in portrait mode.

gkellum
        Participant
        Marcel wrote:

Just updated my ios to ios 10, tested it and it is the same in ios 10 : email doesn't work in landscape mode and does work in portrait mode.

We just released a new version of H9 Control which should fix this problem. 

terich wrote:

Is it possible to load this same menu in the MIDI mapping section?

This is also in the new H9 Control release.

terich
      Participant

Along with the name, the prefix would be great too (whether its a User preset or Factory preset, etc)

terich
      Participant

Thank you so much! This feature makes my life much easier!

terich
      Participant

gkellum
        Participant
        terich wrote:

I made a note about this.  It shouldn't be too hard to do.

terich
      Participant

Thanks for this update! This is saving me tons of time at practice.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.