H9 Control for Android is now in private beta

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control for Android is now in private beta

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 65 reply threads
  • Author
      gkellum
      Participant
      Eventide would like to invite everyone to join our private beta test of H9 Control on Android!

We have been working on an Android version of H9 Control for some time. The app is now working well on Android on the devices we have tested on, although we have not yet implemented in app purchasing of algorithms or the XY pad in the Preset screen for Android.

H9 Control is supported on Android 6 (Marshmallow) and above. We have been testing so far on the following devices: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus5, Oneplus 3t, Huawei Honor 6x, Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 and Lenovo Tab4 10.  We would love to get feedback on how the app is performing on other Android devices.

To be invited to our private beta test, you will need a Gmail account. (That's required by the Google Play store.) Please go to this webform to sign up for the beta:

camn
      Participant

Whaaaaaaaaaattt!
      I’m in.
      I’ll admit- I’m pleasantly surprised.

gkellum
        Participant
        camn wrote:
        Whaaaaaaaaaattt! I'm in. I'll admit- I'm pleasantly surprised.

I hope you're still saying that after you try out the beta.  😉

Rongok
      Participant

Very happy to see this. So far I’ve tried it on 2 devices.

On my tab s 10.5 the algorithm screen is a bit off. The pedal name text is slightly behind the algorithm graphic. On the pedal screen the top row of knobs is halfway off the screen. They still work fine. Both these issues only appear to be in landscape mode. 

On my s8 I had an issue on the login screen. After selecting my field, username or password, I would only get a number keyboard. I was able to get around this by holding my phone sideways while opening the app. Oddly enough that popped up an entirely new type of keyboard I have never seen. It looked like the number keyboard but with letters and I had to long press for the numbers. 

So far I am quite pleased. Functionality wise it seems to work just as good as my pc. If I find anything else I’ll keep you posted.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        Rongok wrote:

On my tab s 10.5 the algorithm screen is a bit off. The pedal name text is slightly behind the algorithm graphic. On the pedal screen the top row of knobs is halfway off the screen. They still work fine. Both these issues only appear to be in landscape mode. 

Hi, thank you for your feedback! Can you tell me a bit more detail for us to fix this issue on your device? What happens when you turn your tab from portrait to landscape? Based on what you described, I assume when you turned your device to the landscape view, H9 Control didn’t recognize and respond to it. Because the landscape view of the Algorithm screen should look same to Mac or PC.

serdarg
        Participant

Thnak you for the hint. I had the same issue as login in. I got the new screen once the phone is turned 90 degrees, however I could not enter #1. I could not login after several tries.

Rongok wrote:

On my s8 I had an issue on the login screen. After selecting my field, username or password, I would only get a number keyboard. I was able to get around this by holding my phone sideways while opening the app. Oddly enough that popped up an entirely new type of keyboard I have never seen. It looked like the number keyboard but with letters and I had to long press for the numbers. 

So far I am quite pleased. Functionality wise it seems to work just as good as my pc. If I find anything else I’ll keep you posted.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        serdarg wrote:

Thnak you for the hint. I had the same issue as login in. I got the new screen once the phone is turned 90 degrees, however I could not enter #1. I could not login after several tries.

Can you try it again and catch some screenshots for us?

serdarg
        Participant

All iss good. I can login on my Samsung Galaxy 8. No issues this time.

bohan wrote:

serdarg wrote:

Can you try it again and catch some screenshots for us?

serdarg
        Participant

I was able to login without any issues. For some reason instead of the funky keyboard that I have seen couple days ago my Samsung Galaxy 8 decided to show the standard keyboard. No issue in logging in. Thank you for working on the Android version. I can switch between algrothyms and presets, and change parameters without any issues. I will play with the app for couple of days and report back if I find anything significant.

serdarg wrote:

Thank you for the hint. I had the same issue as login in. I got the new screen once the phone is turned 90 degrees, however I could not enter #1. I could not login after several tries.

Rongok wrote:

camn
      Participant

yaaaay it works

Here are my reports, so far, with only very preliminary testing, on two devices:

Sony Xperia Z3+ (7.1.1)

This, on first glance, works perfectly. Bluetooth pairing was uneventful… and automatic reconnection works. This is a giant improvement over Windows, and a small improvement over iOs, which does not auto-reconnect, and requires accessing the system meny every time.

The app also loaded fine. It didn’t automatically find the H9 on first boot.. and I had to use the “find bluetooth devices” option. After that it was fine on restarts.

The App also seems to work perfectly, although I have not tested most things. It switches patches, is responsive to Bypass/Activate and tap tempo as well as hotswitches. I will use this device for primary testing over the next few weeks in rehearsals… but there are NO PROBLEMS YET.

2013 Nexus 7 Tablet (6.0.1)

This was not as perfect.

Bluetooth initial connection was fine.. but reconnection was fiddly. I had to Forget/Reconnect a couple times. BUT.. that might be complicated by switching devices…

The APP loads fine, linked fine to my account etc. It switches presets fine.. and is also responsive to Bypass/Hotswitch/Tap.

It starts to run into problems with DISPLAY.

This is a 7″ tablet, and really wants to have Landscape mode… but in landscape mode…it tries to fit the portrait mode screen into the window… I need a pic I think. 

Additionally the preset List view is squished… but usable. The Preset view though.. Oy Vey.

I will keep this thing in the studio to test updates.

BOTH DEVICES:

As expected, the second blue light does not light up. Not an issue, and not a surprise.

Less expected… the ‘Back’ button seems to have no function. Of course, that is consistent across all the platforms, so that shouldn’t be a surprise. It does touch on one of the basic philosphical rifts between Android and IOS, though…we really use that back button 🙂

Here are pics.. all from the Nexus 7. I didn’t bother with the Z3+, because it is great. . . in portrait only.

brock
      Participant

Great.  Just great.  Now what are we going to bitch about?  smiley  <—  (obligatory smiley)

Fortunate to have few problems here with a Win laptop / rolling stand and 3 H9s over BlueTooth.  But I’ve got ‘Droids running the gamut: Note8, Tab 3, an original Note on life support, some others …

gkellum
      Participant

Thanks a lot guys for your feedback so far.  We'll take a look at the problems you reported.

Rongok
      Participant

Both screenshots in my previous post are in landscape mode. My algorithm screen is horizontal as opposed to the screenshot you have. The text is just slightly behind the algorithm graphic, like the graphic is slightly too large. As you can see on the pedal screen, the top row of knobs are halfway off the screen. This doesn’t affect the functionality at all. 

Both these screenshots are in portrait. All looks fine there.

keef88
      Participant
      Hi

Generally very nice.

I noticed one bugs. Phone back button does not work.

HTC 10

Enron
      Participant

I can confirm it connects great with the Nexus 5X phone. I have two H9’s and neither one of them had any issues connecting the first time.

I’ll report any bugs if I run into any.

Oscar LaTorre
      Participant

The link that I was sent causes a “browser not found” type of message on my S7 with Google Playstore opened.

Oscar LaTorre
        Participant
        Oscar LaTorre wrote:

The link that I was sent causes a “browser not found” type of message on my S7 with Google Playstore opened.

Solved

I had to install a non-Google browser and paste the email link into the address bar to prevent the Gmail link from opening Chrome.

Everything seems to be working perfectly right out of the gate on my 7.0 OS Galaxy S7. The interface is equally coherent and snappy as on my iPad 5. I did however need to resolve a conflict between my magnification gestures and the tap tempo. 🙂

I specifically bought the Samsung A5, since I previously had a smartphone with Android 5.1, when I can test the new software, the request sent.

captaincarotte
      Participant

Great news!

Thanks a lot !

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Hi Guys. Thank you so much for your feedback! We've fixed some issues based on your reports. Please update H9 Control on your Google Play Store and see if your issues have been solved. Please let us know if you have any questions or further issues. Thanks!

camn
      Participant

Version 3.0.3 and the 2013 nexus 7

Big improvement on the preset display here..

In Portrait it is perfect now.. and in landscape it is…. useable. The knobs are actually SMALLER than in portrait…. as you can see in the pics. But they are all there now, so it is useable..

I think this might be as good as it gets due to aspect ratio issues.  Which is.. not quite good enough to replace the Ipad in studio…unless I mount the thing in portarait mode? The auto-reconnecting might actually be worth it.

Here are pics!

dswright2000
      Participant

I downloaded v3.0.3 today on my Samsung S8.  First time connecting via bluetooth after asking for my PIN it asked for username/password, but the keyboard was the numberpad with no way to change it. I switched to another App with a standard QWERTY keyboard and then back to the H9 App and it was OK.

gkellum
        Participant
        dswright2000 wrote:

I downloaded v3.0.3 today on my Samsung S8.  First time connecting via bluetooth after asking for my PIN it asked for username/password, but the keyboard was the numberpad with no way to change it. I switched to another App with a standard QWERTY keyboard and then back to the H9 App and it was OK.

We have a Samsung S8, and I haven't been able to reproduce this problem.  Would you mind double checking whether you're running the latest S8 software?  I'm wondering if maybe an earlier version of the OS on the S8 might have had a bug that was fixed by the latest release?  It's unlikely, but I can't otherwise explain why I'm having such a tough time reproducing this problem.

eruption77
      Participant

Thank you guys so much!

I’m using a Galaxy S8.  I signed up for, and downloaded Beta 3.0.3. 

I also had some trouble arriving at the download location using the phone browser (both Chrome and Samsung Internet) but I was eventualy able to get the app.  Likely a non-issue once this is out of beta.

Had no keyboard problems logging in or otherwise. (Worth mentioning I do use the Swiftkey keyboard and not stock).

Running 2 H9s, and both connected to, and paired with the phone and app without any trouble.

One possible problem, and I’m unsure if this is by design or not, since I’m only running this on an S8 and not a tablet, but Landscape Mode does nothing.  If I tilt my phone into Landscape, the H9 App does not change–it remains in Portrait mode for all screens.

Overall nothing else worth mentioning other than the above for now.  The app worked great controlling my H9s.  No issues other than the Landscape Mode not working, which may be nothing.  I’ll do some further testing wtih it again today, and throughout the week and report back if I find anything that doesn’t work.

eruption77
      Participant

Played around some more tonight and did some additional testing.  This time wasn’t nearly as smooth as the first time yesterday.

The app had a lot of trouble connecting to both H9s.  Upon opening the app, “Connecting” would spin, they would connect, then disconnect (sometimes several times) and the app would go into Demo Mode.

I disabled/re-enabled Bluetooth on both H9s–this seem to help but the app still connected and disconnected several times but WOULD eventually connect.

Rebooting my S8: Didn’t really help anything.

Rebooting both H9s: Also seemed to help, but pretty much the same as turning off/on Bluetooth.

Once I DID actually get stable connection, both H9s remained connected without issue.  The app worked flawlessly once it finally stayed connected.  However, closing the H9 app and reopening it caused all of the above problems to return.  Constant connecting, disconnecting, and reconnecting before finally entering Demo Mode until I cycle Bluetooth or reboot the H9s.

Prior to installing the H9 app yesterday, I had already paired both H9s with my phone.  I thought I’d unpair both, then try re-pairing them through the H9 app now that I have it.  It detected both devices, and prompted for the PIN.  Upon entering the PINs for each, the same problems returned.

In the end, I consistently have to ‘play around’ with the H9s to get a good connection, cycling Bluetooth on/off and/or rebooting the H9s.  Odd, because yesterday upon my first-ever connection attempt, both H9s connected fine the first time and never dropped the connection.

Is it possible there’s a problem with my naming of either H9?  One is “H9-Pitch-Mod” (a Max) and the other is “H9-Delay-Reverb” (a Core).

I also tried connecting to only one H9 at a time instead of both, but had the same problems.

Lastly, should Landscape Mode work on an S8?

–none of the above is a compliant… just reporting my experiences with the app.

Appreciate all the efforts!

gkellum
        Participant
        eruption77 wrote:

Played around some more tonight and did some additional testing.  This time wasn't nearly as smooth as the first time yesterday.

The app had a lot of trouble connecting to both H9s.  Upon opening the app, "Connecting" would spin, they would connect, then disconnect (sometimes several times) and the app would go into Demo Mode.

We just published a new beta (v3.0.4) that should help with this problem of reconnecting to multiple H9s.  Basically, we were trying to reconnect all previously connected devices simultaneously, and we found that if we instead reconnect them one at a time that seemed to fix the problems you were seeing.

eruption77
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

eruption77 wrote:

Played around some more tonight and did some additional testing.  This time wasn’t nearly as smooth as the first time yesterday.

The app had a lot of trouble connecting to both H9s.  Upon opening the app, “Connecting” would spin, they would connect, then disconnect (sometimes several times) and the app would go into Demo Mode.

We just published a new beta (v3.0.4) that should help with this problem of reconnecting to multiple H9s.  Basically, we were trying to reconnect all previously connected devices simultaneously, and we found that if we instead reconnect them one at a time that seemed to fix the problems you were seeing.

Back to report my results after updating and tesing v3.0.4!

The Bluetooth connection issue is fixed!  The app connected every time on my S8 to both H9s without any errors, drops, or problems.  I closed and re-opened the app several times trying to replicate the aforementioned problem, and just couldn’t.

Didn’t realize I could copy the presets from my H9’s to my phone.  Tried that, and it worked VERY well, and copied them VERY fast.  Oddly, after copying the presets from pedal to phone, my presets did not appear under the algorithms as they do on my PC–only the factory/stock presets still showed–just an observation.  To find and load/activate my own I had to navigate to the phone and either look at my local presets list that I just copied, or re-read them from the pedals.  I wanted to mention this, but I do beleive it’s working as it should.

Next, the phone back button still does not work (forgot to mention that in my earlier posts).  However, the Back button from within the H9 app works perfectly fine.  Not a big deal.  Hitting the Home button closes the app fine.

Also, thank you for answering my Landscape Mode quesiton above.

Overall, the app worked very well, and the connection problems are gone.  It’s very responsive, the commands to the pedals are immediate, there’s no latency when switching between my 2 H9s, and the layout of the app looked fine.  In my opinion, there’s not much left to improve on here!

Also, let me know, and I’m happy to test anything else if you like.  

Thanks!

bohan
      Eventide Staff

We will look into the Bluetooth connection issue in the next a couple of days. With respect to the orientation, currently, H9 Control on phones (including iPhones) doesn't support landscape mode. We'll let you know when we have a new beta out very soon!

eruption77
      Participant

Thanks very much, I can test this tonight.

What’s the best practice for updating? Uninstall the old beta first, then use the link that was emailed to me to pull down the new beta, or just install on top of the old?

I usually just install over the old version of any app, but figured I’d ask since this is a beta.

eruption77
      Participant

Edit, please disregard my previous comment.  The new beta just auto-downloaded on my phone.

Rorschach82

I got the email to get the app but when I click on the link it says to install a web browser to access the link? I have web browsers installed it worked fine to bring me to this forum. does anyone know how to fix this so I can get the h9 control beta installed?

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        Rorschach82 wrote:
        I got the email to get the app but when I click on the link it says to install a web browser to access the link? I have web browsers installed it worked fine to bring me to this forum. does anyone know how to fix this so I can get the h9 control beta installed?

Please try to copy the link and paste it into a browser. If that doesn't work, try another browser or open it on a computer.

ekmayhew

I’ve got a newer Chromebook laptop.  Will the H9 Control work with that?

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        ekmayhew wrote:

I've got a newer Chromebook laptop.  Will the H9 Control work with that?

Honestly, we don't know much about it…

If you have enrolled in our beta test and can see the H9 Control in your Play Store, you may try to download and install it on your Chromebook and see what it looks like. However, if your Chromebook uses an x86 architecture, it's not gonna work on this version of H9 Control. Even if you can open it, there will be a lot of issues since we don't have a Chromebook and have never tested and debugged for Chromebook. This is not our main focus but you can definitely help us on this. 

jkater
      Participant

Does it work on an oldish Samsung tablet TAB4 (about three year old)?

gkellum
        Participant
        jkater wrote:

Well, it works on Android 6 (Marshmallow) and above.  I just looked up the TAB4 (http://www.samsung.com/uk/tablets/galaxy-tab-4-7-0-t230/SM-T230NYKABTU).  If you buy one new, it will come with Android 7.  So, maybe, your tablet is either running 7 now or could be upgraded to 7?  If so, it should work on that.

gkellum
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

Oops, sorry I mispoke.  After doing some more reading, it seems that the 7 I was seeing referred to the screen size and not the Android version.  Apparently that tablet was released with Android 4.4.2 KitKat (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_4_7.0).  I don't know if it can be upgraded to run a more recent version of Android, but the app won't work on that particular Android OS.

ekmayhew

Thanks for the quick response.  I tried looking for it on google play store but could not find it anywhere.  I also have an older iPad so I will just end up using that instead.

Randy Brooks

I’m unable to connect my Galaxy Note 5, because it requires that I pair using a PIN number, which I can’t, for the life of me, figure how to enter on the H9.

Is my phone the only one requiring this?

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        Randy Brooks wrote:

I'm unable to connect my Galaxy Note 5, because it requires that I pair using a PIN number, which I can't, for the life of me, figure how to enter on the H9.

By default, the PIN number should be the last 4 digits of your H9's serial number.

Randy Brooks
        bohan wrote:
        Randy Brooks wrote:

I'm unable to connect my Galaxy Note 5, because it requires that I pair using a PIN number, which I can't, for the life of me, figure how to enter on the H9.

By default, the PIN number should be the last 4 digits of your H9's serial number.

That wouldn’t happen to be on the bottom of the unit, would it? Because my H9 is afixed to my pedal board….(grrr). Is there any other way to acquire the serial number that I’m not aware of?

gkellum
        Participant
        Randy Brooks wrote:
        bohan wrote:

That wouldn't happen to be on the bottom of the unit, would it? Because my H9 is afixed to my pedal board….(grrr). Is there any other way to acquire the serial number that I'm not aware of?

Did you change the name of your H9? Because normally it will appear as a Bluetooth device with its serial number.  Alternatively, you can find the serial number by following these instructions:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/faq/how-do-i-find-my-h9-pin-or-serial-number

Randy Brooks
        gkellum wrote:

Randy Brooks wrote:
        bohan wrote:

That wouldn’t happen to be on the bottom of the unit, would it? Because my H9 is afixed to my pedal board….(grrr). Is there any other way to acquire the serial number that I’m not aware of?

Did you change the name of your H9? Because normally it will appear as a Bluetooth device with its serial number.  Alternatively, you can find the serial number by following these instructions:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/faq/how-do-i-find-my-h9-pin-or-serial-number

I thought that might be the number, and tried it, but it still wouldn’t connect.

gkellum
        Participant
        Randy Brooks wrote:

I thought that might be the number, and tried it, but it still wouldn't connect.

Hm. Could you try resetting your H9's system settings to see if that helps? You do so by turning the H9 off and then on again with the right footswitch and the HotKnob switch pressed (the switch in the upper left hand corner of the H9).  This will clear your H9s system settings but it won't affect any presets you have saved on your H9.

If you continue to have trouble, please email me;  my email address is my forum user name plus @eventide.com.  

Msz3
      Participant

Thank you all for working on this, I have a Galaxy Tab A, Andriod Version 7.0, no issues what so ever.

h2on0

yes, how do I know what my pin number/pass key is to pair my pixel with h9?

h2on0
      rhummellh
      Participant

I’m using Pixel XL with Android 8.1.
      I had no problem with Bluetooth connectivity on my two H9’s. Both H9’s displayed the blue light for Bluetooth connectivity.
      The graphics were perfect and aligned fine unlike some earlier posts mentioned.
      As far as functionality, I had no issues, saving, loading, changing parameters and hearing the differences from those changes.
      I couldn’t find any issues to this point. Extremely happy with the Android beta version so far.
      The only issue I had was that I could only view it in portrait mode. Using the portrait mode was fine except for when I was in the preset config page. Everything worked fine but I didn’t like that I could only view this portrait mode vice landscape. The reason I’d like to use the landscape would be able to view all the parameter knobs on one screen instead of having to hit the right IR left arrow to view the other half of the knobs/dials.
      Will continue posting feedback if anything new pops up.

Thanks,
      Rich

camn
        Participant
        rhummellh wrote:
        Both H9’s displayed the blue light for Bluetooth connectivity.

One light or Two?

eruption77
      Participant

v3.0.5 just downloaded on my S8.  Android back button is now working great!

Thank you guys again!

bcomnes
      Participant

Basics work great, but can i get a landscape view and see all the controls?  toggling back and forth is somewhat annoying. 

Imagine you are playing and reach out to move a dial, but first you have to toggle left or write , when you shold be able to hit the dial you want in one touch and move it 

Yes that means smaller dials but that’s a tradeoff, maybe you could make it a switchable setting to handle large and small phones ??

gkellum
        Participant
        bcomnes wrote:

Basics work great, but can i get a landscape view and see all the controls?  toggling back and forth is somewhat annoying. 

Imagine you are playing and reach out to move a dial, but first you have to toggle left or write , when you shold be able to hit the dial you want in one touch and move it 

Yes that means smaller dials but that's a tradeoff, maybe you could make it a switchable setting to handle large and small phones ??

We've talked about adding support for landscape mode on phones.  Now, that phones have gotten so much bigger it makes sense.  It's going to take a bit of time though. I think we'll implement the in-app purchasing functionality on Android first before getting to that.

My galaxy note 10.1  with android jelly bean is not compatible.  

Oscar LaTorre
      Participant

H9 Control on my iPad is having issues since I went Android. Bluetooth is connected but the app freezes and disappears when I boot it up. Any idea? I’ve tried disabling, restarting, unpairing etc…

gkellum
        Participant
        Oscar LaTorre wrote:

H9 Control on my iPad is having issues since I went Android. Bluetooth is connected but the app freezes and disappears when I boot it up. Any idea? I've tried disabling, restarting, unpairing etc…

Could you try resetting your H9's system settings to see if that helps? You do so by turning the H9 off and then on again with the right footswitch and the HotKnob switch pressed (the switch in the upper left hand corner of the H9).  This will clear your H9s system settings but it won't affect any presets you have saved on your H9.

If you continue to have trouble, please email me;  my email address is my forum user name plus @eventide.com.  

Oscar LaTorre
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

Oscar LaTorre wrote:

H9 Control on my iPad is having issues since I went Android. Bluetooth is connected but the app freezes and disappears when I boot it up. Any idea? I’ve tried disabling, restarting, unpairing etc…

Could you try resetting your H9’s system settings to see if that helps? You do so by turning the H9 off and then on again with the right footswitch and the HotKnob switch pressed (the switch in the upper left hand corner of the H9).  This will clear your H9s system settings but it won’t affect any presets you have saved on your H9.

That got it working again, thanks.

dswright2000
      Participant

Possibly just user error, but I can’t figure out how to map a new parameter to the expression pedal.  I figured out how to un-map, but not seeing a way to map something new without connecting to the Contol app on my PC.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        dswright2000 wrote:

Possibly just user error, but I can't figure out how to map a new parameter to the expression pedal.  I figured out how to un-map, but not seeing a way to map something new without connecting to the Contol app on my PC.

Have you seen the two buttons beside the ribbon? Click the left one to set the starts of mapped parameters->Turn knobs that you would like to map->Click the right ribbon button to set the ends of mapped parameters.

zuvvy
      Participant

First off, so pleased to have the android app!  Much love for delivering (and no caveats on being a few years late)! 

I’d second the ability to run in landscape mode – in particular for viewing pedal settings, it’s really a bummer to have them on two screen and have to click back and forth when there’s plenty of screen real estate.  Sorta is a dela break for any in depth patch editing.  If that’s hard to implement, I’d even prefer an option to show all the buttons in more rows on the main screen, even if they end up a little smaller.  But on my S8, there’s more than enough space to 4 rows of 3 buttons (especially if you trim down the size of the header/etc).

But again, much appreciated!  If you guys support CoreMIDI as background service to/from the pedal (which would instantly make the H9 more desireable to a whole new set of users), I can honestly say you have answered all my wildest H9 dreams! (https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/h9-midi-over-bluetooth-ipad-possible)

bcomnes
      Participant

I have two Android phones and two H9s. I put beta on first phone just fine. When I try for the second phone install I get server error DF DFERH 09

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        Bcomnes wrote:
        I have two Android phones and two H9s. I put beta on first phone just fine. When I try for the second phone install I get server error DF DFERH 09

What's your second phone's model? Please make sure you've logged your Google account (the one you sent us) in on both phones. If you come across this issue again, please take a screenshot. Thanks.

bcomnes
      Participant

tried to upload screen shots of my second phone error and got this 

frustrating 

admin
        Participant
        bcomnes wrote:

tried to upload screen shots of my second phone error and got this 

I'm not sure whether it was browser or a copy-and-paste issue, but there was a ton of bizarre Yahoo composer code submitted with your post. The site flagged it as a hacking attempt as a result. Please try again without the help of Yahoo and see if it works. 

bcomnes
      Participant

let’s try again 

here is error code from my MOTO G4 with Android 7.0

trying to get a second beta of H9 Control on my second phone 

bcomnes
      Participant

On my Android Blu phone with Android 6.0.1 everything is working fine so far. I connect first try, app is stable and does what it supposed to do siilarly to iOS app. I have had it on for several multi hour sessions with no hiccups. 

I can live with portrait mode but would prefer landscape and a single screen. 

As a beta tester is there any specific functionality you want testers to address? 

jbird327
      Participant

I am using a S8+, v7.0. On the log in screen I initially had the number pad, as described earlier. I hit cancel on the sign in screen, then switched to a browser window and then back to the H9 at which point a regular keyboard appeared. I was able to log in without issue and the bluetooth connected quickly.

bcomnes
      Participant

I was able to get by that login error on my G4 Moto …….the phone was not logged in to my Google ID….. more later 

gkgmusic

Works great on older android phone!

My only issues so far were minor login issues:

When selecting password field, keyboard would not pop up. Re-selecting username field then re-selecting password field solved the issue.

Paste function does not work with password field.

Thanks!!

Spoderman01

Login worked fine on both my H9s. Only issue I spotted (might be a known thing on iOS already) is that if I scroll down through the algorithms to lets say the PitchFactor options and select a patch to edit. When I come out of the detailed view, the algorithm scroll bar on the left has returned to the top so it’s back to showing the different delays (When that column is sorted by type)

wilkinsi
      Participant

Wonderful! Used on my Sony L1. Very responsive in use. I was also able to pair BOTH H9’s without any problems whatsoever.

bcomnes
      Participant

Two things that will make me choose my Android phone over the iPAD

1.  It handles my two H9s seamlessly, connects to both over Bluetooth and works as specified. My iPad will never do that, I get one at a time and have to re-authorize every time I want to switch.  I  opened a support ticketon that bit of fun and Eventide blames iOS for that problem and is waiting on Apple for a fix….ha hah hah angry, I should live so long.

2. When switching between apps, the Android phone returns to H9 Control exactly where I left off. where as on my iPad it loses track of even the preset I’m using and I have to choose it all over again….not good at all from a performance perspective. 

Thanks for making Android version, it is solving a lot of my problems with the iPad issues.

Msz3
      Participant

H9 Control for Android

January 24, 2018 – 07:25 pm

Thank you all for working on this, I have a Galaxy Tab A, Andriod Version 7.0, no issues what so ever.

That being said , only a few small issues found:

Bluetooth pairing led does not come on when it is paired, and a bunched up verification screen ( sometimes) (preset updates to other preset locations) other than these, most times when I try to save presset changes they dont, I’ve tried reboots and  have literally tried three times before it took. This happens with my iOS device as well so I’m thinking it’s more of a hardware issue? I’ve read the instructions on how to, and watched how to videos, so not sure at this point which direction I should try. 

I have been trying different setups,  before amp,in effect loop, and post prepost with my TC Nova system, all work well, my question: Is it alright to run the H9 before amp with TC Nova System in the effect loop? Utilizing  Crushstation ?( fantastic).

robertarilo

Hi! I run the app on a huawei mate 9 and till now everything works well. Besides i am looking for two options: to list only the users presets/ to list the presets on the smartphone like they are sorted on the h9. Greets!

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        robertarilo wrote:
        Hi! I run the app on a huawei mate 9 and till now everything works well. Besides i am looking for two options: to list only the users presets/ to list the presets on the smartphone like they are sorted on the h9. Greets!

You may see all presets on H9 in the Presert List screen. You can also create a new preset list containing all your user presets.

Michelle911
      Participant

I was just added as a beta tester today – thank you!

with my galaxy Tab S (SM-T700) Android v6.01 everythings working beautifully so far, I spent maybe 3 or 4 hours playing tonite and using Control to build a new preset list.  So I’ve edited and saved presets, lists, saved them to the stompbox, changed settings…  and list ranges, everything I would ever do normally.  I’ve left it running on the tablet all nite, and minimized it several times to do other things, it hasn’t crashed.  Starting up is great too, no issues, finds my device each time.  Most of the apps on the play store are not this good.

Eddc

The app is not working for me at all.
      Trying to connect to a Space via usb.
      Tested on a Galaxy S8 and a Nexus 2013 tablet.
      Would be cool if this could work.
      Thanks.

Eddc

The app is not working for me at all.
      Trying to connect to a Space via usb.
      Tested on a Galaxy S8 and a Nexus 2013 tablet.
      Would be cool if this could work.
      Thanks.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The Android App was designed for Bluetooth – it had not occurred to us that people would use it with USB.

But, of course, your Space does not have BT. We'll look into it, but results will not be immediate.

Michelle911
      Participant

I thought I had done this once (or twice without any problem) but when editing a preset with h9control and selecting Save the bottom half of the popup is cut off (or invisible), so there’s no way to select SAVE –  but if you select save to H9 you can open the list of slots to save to and just close it again, then the Save button becomes visible.

aesthetics, I know, probly not a big concern, but can I suggest a way to hide the light blue android status bar?  🙂 

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        Michelle911 wrote:

I thought I had done this once (or twice without any problem) but when editing a preset with h9control and selecting Save the bottom half of the popup is cut off (or invisible), so there's no way to select SAVE –  but if you select save to H9 you can open the list of slots to save to and just close it again, then the Save button becomes visible.

aesthetics, I know, probly not a big concern, but can I suggest a way to hide the light blue android status bar?  🙂 

Can you make some screenshots to illustrate the issue you have? Thank you.

alexone
      Participant

The app with Huawei P8 works perfectly!!!

yes

Michelle911
      Participant

absolutely, I set up an imgur ablum for this

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        Michelle911 wrote:

absolutely, I set up an imgur ablum for this

Thank you very much for your feedback. We've fixed this issue.

jdepatie
      Participant

Thanks for this! It seems to be working well with Nexus 6P.

JasperEads

The app can detect and attempet to connect to my H9 Max via my Samsung Galaxy J7.

Though… the app will not accept the pin number. I am unable to connect.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        JasperEads wrote:

By default, the pin number is the last four digits of your H9 serial number. Or you can press and hold the right footswitch and HOTKNOB button to go to H9's settings, and go to BLUE->PIN, then you will be able to see the PIN number for Bluetooth connection.

JasperEads
        bohan wrote:

JasperEads wrote:

By default, the pin number is the last four digits of your H9 serial number. Or you can press and hold the right footswitch and HOTKNOB button to go to H9’s settings, and go to BLUE->PIN, then you will be able to see the PIN number for Bluetooth connection.

Thank you. 😀

JeanMoMusic
      Participant

Hi, I have Android 6 (see pic) running on a LG LG3 and so far, the program is awesome and haven’t found anything wrong with it, sorry. Love it 🙂

Michelle911
      Participant

Found a new one tonite,  when I go to save a new preset it asks me to give it a name and brings up the android keyboard,  I type the name in and hit Done on the keyboard (or OK on H9 control button) and the preset is saved, however the android keyboard remains on the screen.  I can work around it by just going to androids overview and coming straight back to H9C.

Michelle911
      Participant

when entering values manually (double clicking above a parameter) the full alpha numeric keybord comes up,  maybe use the numeric instead here?

smiley

Michelle911
      Participant

hey guys, hope you don’t get tired of me  (lol)

I keep hitting my androids back button instead of back in H9 control…  and I mean a LOT  crying  I just cannot stop myself from doing it over and over again

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        Michelle911 wrote:

hey guys, hope you don't get tired of me (lol) I keep hitting my androids back button instead of back in H9 control…  and I mean a LOT  crying  I just cannot stop myself from doing it over and over again

Not at all. We really appreciate your feedback. The Android back button works exactly the same way as the one in H9 Control. Have you updated your H9 Control since you first installed it? We have added the support for Android back button.

Michelle911
      Participant

I’m  not good at remembering to reset my tablet, I did keep checking for updates but didn’t see any…. I’ve been trying for some ten minutes to figure it out,  I reset the tablet cause I had nothing else left to try before posting again, and then – there it was lol

thanks, all sorted now 🙂

gkellum
      Participant

Eventide just published the first official release (non-beta release) of H9 Control for Android to the Google Play store today.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eventide.h9

So, we're going to end the private beta of H9 Control for Android.

Thank you all for your feedback during the private beta. It was very helpful.

I'm going to close this thread for further comments, but if you run into any additional problems using H9 Control on Android, please feel free to let us know about it in a new thread.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Hi All,

During the beta test, many of you have requested support for the landscape orientation. We heard you and now you can control all knobs in one screen in the landscape view. You can update H9 Control to 3.3.0 using the same beta testing account. So we unlocked this thread and look forward to hearing your feedback. Thank you very much.

jsharpe

The aspect ratio in landscape mode isn’t quite right. See attached screenshot.
      On Samsung Note 8 Oreo.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        jsharpe wrote:
        The aspect ratio in landscape mode isn't quite right. See attached screenshot. On Samsung Note 8 Oreo.

You can click any knob or any space between knobs to hide/show top and bottom menu bars.

Rongok
      Participant

Looks great on a regular S8.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Eventide just published a new version of H9 Control (3.3.0) to the Google Play store.

What's new:

– Added support for landscape orientation on all phones with brand new 10-knob control GUI.

– Fully supported iPhone X and other large-screen iPhones with better resolution and full-screen view

– Brand new splash screens for iPhones & iPads

– Updated GUI for the control screen for all phones and tablets

– Bug fixes and various improvements

I'm going to close this thread but if you run into any additional problems using H9 Control on Android, please let us know about it in this thread:

Viewing 65 reply threads
  • The topic ‘H9 Control for Android is now in private beta’ is closed to new replies.