H9 Control for Windows crashes at store checkout

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control for Windows crashes at store checkout

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      walbz

Hi there,

The H9 Control app crashes every time I go through to ‘checkout’ on the algorithm store. I can play samples and ‘try’ algorithms fine, but as soon as I go through to checkout, it hangs for a second, loads the Paypal log in screen, then crashes 1-2 seconds later. See attached screenshot.

Does anyone have a possible fix for this problem? I’m running Windows 10. I have tried opening the program in compatibility mode (Win 7, Win 8) to no avail. Also tried while pedal is attached by Bluetooth and by USB, and have also reset the pedal settings using hotknob and right footswitch at power up.

Any ideas? All help appreciated.

walbz

Oh, also – I’ve got the latest version of H9 Control for Windows (v2.5.2) and have the H9 Standard.

Thanks

gkellum
      Participant

We'll look into it and see if we can reproduce your problem…

walbz
        gkellum wrote:

We’ll look into it and see if we can reproduce your problem…

Excellent, thank you. Let me know if you need any more information from me. I may try it on a different PC and see if that makes any difference.

walbz

Any progress on this at all? If not, is there any other way I can pay for algorithms and have them added to by Eventide account? Send cash via Paypal, perhaps, with algorithm name in payment notes? I need Blachole in my life asap…

Thanks for looking into it for me

gkellum
        Participant
        walbz wrote:

Any progress on this at all? If not, is there any other way I can pay for algorithms and have them added to by Eventide account? Send cash via Paypal, perhaps, with algorithm name in payment notes? I need Blachole in my life asap…

We've been working on it.  I had to download a new Windows 10 VM from Microsoft yesterday since Microsoft's development VMs expire every three months…  So, I haven't gotten to the point yet where I've been able to try to reproduce your problem.

If you'd like to get some algorithms in the meantime, you could send an email to support@eventide.com and ask to pay via PayPal.  You could either just get Blackhole, or if you wanted you could send money for however many algorithms you might think you might want in the coming weeks and we could assign some credits to your account that you could use to buy algorithms whenever you're ready.

gkellum
      Participant

So far I haven't been able to reproduce your problem on Windows 10.  I went back through your post looking for helpful details.  I noticed in the screenshot you attached 2 devices appear in the top status bar of H9 Control:  H9-01769 and MW1-1769.  What is that MW1-1769?  Is that an H9 that you've renamed, or is that something else altogether?

walbz
        gkellum wrote:

So far I haven’t been able to reproduce your problem on Windows 10.  I went back through your post looking for helpful details.  I noticed in the screenshot you attached 2 devices appear in the top status bar of H9 Control:  H9-01769 and MW1-1769.  What is that MW1-1769?  Is that an H9 that you’ve renamed, or is that something else altogether?

Well spotted. I have no idea what that MW1-1769 device is. I only own one H9 and I haven’t renamed it. Maybe I had it connected by both Bluetooth and USB and it was getting confused somehow?

I’ve just reconnected by Bluetooth and it’s now showing only one device, as it should.

I’ve managed to find the error log for the crash as well. Not sure if it’s useful or not:

Faulting application name: H9 Control.exe, version: 2.5.2.0, time stamp: 0x564b9c6b

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f3b2a

Exception code: 0x4000001f

Fault offset: 0x00132bd2

Faulting process ID: 0x11d4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d148a77c7e3793

Faulting application path: C:Program Files (x86)Eventide H9 ControlH9 Control.exe

Faulting module path: C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32KERNELBASE.dll

Report ID: 4e19dc42-2400-4892-9c79-c20457100bae

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

gkellum
        Participant
        walbz wrote:

Well spotted. I have no idea what that MW1-1769 device is. I only own one H9 and I haven't renamed it. Maybe I had it connected by both Bluetooth and USB and it was getting confused somehow?

And you are still having the crashing problem when connected via Bluetooth with only one device showing up in the top bar?

Thanks for adding that crash report by the way.

walbz
        gkellum wrote:

And you are still having the crashing problem when connected via Bluetooth with only one device showing up in the top bar?

Thanks for adding that crash report by the way.

Yes, it’s just the same as before – stalls for 1-2 seconds at checkout when loading Paypal log in screen, then crashes.

Thanks

Araman

same problem here…

gkellum
        Participant
        Araman wrote:

same problem here…

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble using the algorithm store on Windows 10.  We haven't been able to reproduce this problem, and it's hard to fix a problem if you can't reproduce it.  But we've been searching for more Windows 10 machines that we can use for testing.  

We are planning on adding algorithm purchasing directly to our website too though.  So, soon you should be able to purchase algorithms directly on our website. 

gkellum
        Participant
        Araman wrote:

same problem here…

Can you give us some more information about the machine running Windows where you are experiencing this crashing problem?  Is it a tablet, laptop or desktop?  What make and model is the computer?  Presumably, this is happening on a 64 bit Windows 10 installation?

Araman
        gkellum wrote:

Araman wrote:

same problem here…

Can you give us some more information about the machine running Windows where you are experiencing this crashing problem?  Is it a tablet, laptop or desktop?  What make and model is the computer?  Presumably, this is happening on a 64 bit Windows 10 installation?

It is a desktop PC self assembled, windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core I5-4690K, Motherboard Z97E-ITX/ac, GeForce GTX989 Ti,  8Gb Gskill Trident F3-2400C10D…

I have just sent you an e-mail requesting the link for the “beta” version…

gkellum
      Participant

I made a change in H9 Control which may fix this problem.  We still haven't been able to reproduce this crashing behavior.  So, there's no guarantee that we're actually understanding the problem correctly.  But if you'd be willing to give a new build a shot, please send me a quick email at my username plus @eventide.com, and I'll send you a download link to the new build.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.