H9 Control Hanging/Crashing on Windows 10 Build 1903

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control Hanging/Crashing on Windows 10 Build 1903

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      pub22
      Participant

When I read about the very promising Harmadillo algorithm I immediately tried starting my H9 control app (3.5.4 at the time) on Windows for the first time after updating the OS to the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (Build 1903).

H9 Control App starts but then never shows the dialog box to switch to Demo mode and in the Main Window  then indefinitely just shows a rotating wheel (‘not responding’ in title bar) until I kill the process using Task Manager. Next I tried with an H9 connected, but the problem persisted.

Then updated from 3.5.4 to 3.6.0., but the issue remained the same. Updated the H9 firmware  successfully using my Android phone, but reconnecting the upgraded stompbox to Windows H9 Control still will not start up. Anyone else having this issue?

Dear Eventide Team, please urgently check H9 Control’s compatibility with Win 10 Build 1903 and provide a fix.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      pub22 wrote:

When I read about the very promising Harmadillo algorithm I immediately tried starting my H9 control app (3.5.4 at the time) on Windows for the first time after updating the OS to the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (Build 1903).

H9 Control App starts but then never shows the dialog box to switch to Demo mode and in the Main Window  then indefinitely just shows a rotating wheel ('not responding' in title bar) until I kill the process using Task Manager. Next I tried with an H9 connected, but the problem persisted.

Then updated from 3.5.4 to 3.6.0., but the issue remained the same. Updated the H9 firmware  successfully using my Android phone, but reconnecting the upgraded stompbox to Windows H9 Control still will not start up. Anyone else having this issue?

Dear Eventide Team, please urgently check H9 Control's compatibility with Win 10 Build 1903 and provide a fix.

Does your PC have any MIDI devices connected? If so, could you remove them and then try openning the latest H9 Control?

pub22
      Participant

Thank you for looking into this. I didn’t have any MIDI devices attached to my PC, nor any other external devices (no USB, not even a cordless mouse).

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        pub22 wrote:

Thank you for looking into this. I didn't have any MIDI devices attached to my PC, nor any other external devices (no USB, not even a cordless mouse).

I updated my PC to Windows 10 Build 1903, but I couldn't reproduce your issue. H9 Control runs fine on my PC. Is there any other info that you may provide? 

dino5150
      Participant

I’m having the exact same problem. Can’t get most recent version of H9 control to open since Windows update. Eventides email response was to update to the most recent software which obviously I already did. Hopefully they figure out what the problem is.

dino5150
      Participant

Figured it out. Remove H9 from Bluetooth device list in windows settings then reconnect device. After that H9 control works.

pub22
      Participant

thanks dino5150, your solution helped me find at least a workaround to get H9 Control working:

I need to disable Bluetooth on Windows10 completely, only then would H9 Control start – even in Demo mode with no H9 connected!

I’ve never connected my H9s to Windows via Bluetooth, only via USB, so the pedals didn’t show up in my list of Bluetooth devices as on dino5150’s computer.

H9 Control crashing every time Bluetooth (Intel with driver 20.100.5.1) is activated is definitely not expected behaviour…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.