H9 Control – how are preset lists numbered?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control – how are preset lists numbered?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sherman01

Sorry, newb here. When I create a new Preset List, I can’t see how it gets numbered. How can I create a preset list and save it to a specific slot, say L04 for instance? It seems to save them to a slot number without my input. Right now I have L01, L02, L03. When I created a new PS list it saved it to L06, skipping L04 & L05? What am I missing?

gkellum
      Participant

I just looked through the code that's creating new preset lists.  It looks at the number of the existing preset lists and creates the new preset list with a number that is one greater than the highest list number it encountered.  So, it shouldn't give a new list a number of 7 unless it found a list already with the number 6.  It will skip over numbers though.  So, if there are lists numbered 1, 2, and 6, a new list will be given the number 7 and not the number 3.

Sherman01

Thanks. Was looking for an easy way to manage Preset Lists. Maybe I should just manage my OCD 🙂 After a little playing around in /AppData/Roaming/H9 Control/PresetLists (i’m using Win10 for Control H9) it appears that just carefully renaming the first number of the folder in there, does the trick. I just changed “7 H9 Max Factory Preset List 2014”  folder to “2 H9 Max Factory Preset List 2014” and it appears in the application as L02. Be sure to close and restart the app.

gkellum
        Participant
        Sherman01 wrote:

Be sure to close and restart the app.

Actually just leaving the preset list screen to go to another screen and coming back should do it.

Glad to hear that you figured that out.

brock
        Participant
        Sherman01 wrote:

Thanks. Was looking for an easy way to manage Preset Lists. Maybe I should just manage my OCD 🙂 After a little playing around in /AppData/Roaming/H9 Control/PresetLists (i’m using Win10 for Control H9) it appears that just carefully renaming the first number of the folder in there, does the trick. I just changed “7 H9 Max Factory Preset List 2014”  folder to “2 H9 Max Factory Preset List 2014” and it appears in the application as L02…

Occam’s Razor.  I just wanted to add that this renumbering scheme works for User Presets, as well.  The valid User range seems to be U0 through U999.  Preset Lists from L0 through L9999.

nihil

I had the same issue…the only list I had in the OS app was H9Core Factory Preset List…when I created my first new one it took the 01 position, and the Factory Preset List switched to 06 (can’t remember which number was Factory List before creating mine). There may be an innocuous little bug.

Renaming the folder works, thank you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.