Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      PhaseShift
      Participant

Hi there, 

using an iPad Pro 9.7 (2016) iOS 13.3.1

Ive been facing some weird glitches with the new iOS version of H9 Control 

1. Preset Sharing, at times, while sharing presets, the iCloud sharing folders don’t hi-light (from greyed out) and whilst going back and trying again, the folder appears, but H9 Control crashes, this has happened 4 times today.

2. Weird behaviour with PowerStrip//Expression (( PS//EXP )) settings –  I usually Duplicate a preset and rename it with some generic name to start tweaking the parameters, but i also have to remove the existing PS//EXP settings, while trying to remove the settings completely, (I always do a sweep to one extreme for both heel(white) and toe(blue) settings to ensure there is no earlier memory of the previous preset),

but here is when it gets weird, when I test swipe the PS, some knobs move!!,

I tried on a fresh knob which wasnt previously set with PS//EXP and zeroed out the PS//EXP settings on the knob, and that knob as well retained some settings and jump back to certain values when I test swipe the PS. 

Just to trouleshoot, I moved all Knobs down to Zero and touched the Heel (white) & Toe(blue) buttons and tapped all the 10 knobs to ensure they get selected (for both H & T) 2 of the knobs still jumped back on the PS test swipe.

**tried the same with H9 control on Mac, and everything works fine. so it’s definitely only an iOS app issue.

3. Weird Preset Jumping whilst app switching  – Apart from the very frustrating jumpback to “HOME” screen when switching back to H9 control from other apps. the app has been freezing and sometimes crashing, and i have faced a few instances of the preset jumping to a random preset and algorithm (usually Digital Delay) I guess it’s jumping to the first preset and algo in my list derived by the Algo sorting and View option.

This issue also occurs upon initial startup of the app sometimes (also due to crashes). (I am aware that if there is a preset running on the pedal and the app starts up, I need to tap the Presets tab to pull up the current algo/preset in use, but the preset jumps happen then as well.)

I use the H9 on my desktop and am usually running a synth or 2 thru it, but also running other apps on my iPad, so this is definitely a big issue, since i have to keep jumping to other apps to tweak params on synths etc, and the H9 starts changing the algo/preset in the middle of tracks and crashing.

4. Momentary Freezing & occasional crash Issue – while loading the Harpeggiator Algo the app freezes for about 5-6 to 30-45 seconds, this happens quite often on the Harpeggiator SEQ View, even while switching from Basic to SEQ View, and switching from other tabs (settings, preset lists etc.)  

I tried to see if this issue occurs on other Algo “Special” Views, no issues so far, only Harpeggiator freezes (pretty much everytime you select the Algo.) 

5. Save Change Dialog appears while switching presets even when no knobs have been touched or tweaked. quite frustrating while selecting thru presets. and sometimes a direct “rename preset” option with keyboard pops up, without any additional taps.

Sorry if I got a bit too detailed with the bugs, But they’re buggin my workflow! 🙂

That’s all I have encountered, if there are any new issues that pop up, will add em.

Thanks!

PhaseShift
      Participant

** UPDATE **

I got the same PS // EXP retained settings issue while altering and tweaking presets on Mac H9 Control, to tackle the issue, I just duplicated a different Preset (ones with less knobs which already have PS // EXP settings.) This seemed to work.    

But could I please suggest a new option in the “more” drop down menu, which kills all PS // EXP Settings in the Preset. This might do away with the above issue entirely.

Thanks

PhaseShift
      Participant

** UPDATE**

Repeated Freezes while working/ Loading/ saving Presets in Harpeggiator Algo, on Mac H9 Control. guess this bug is in the latest version.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      PhaseShift wrote:

Hi there, using an iPad Pro 9.7 (2016) iOS 13.3.1. I've been facing some weird glitches with the new iOS version of H9 Control 

1. Preset Sharing, at times, while sharing presets, the iCloud sharing folders don't hi-light (from greyed out) and whilst going back and trying again, the folder appears, but H9 Control crashes, this has happened 4 times today.

3. Weird Preset Jumping whilst app switching  – Apart from the very frustrating jumpback to "HOME" screen when switching back to H9 control from other apps. the app has been freezing and sometimes crashing, and i have faced a few instances of the preset jumping to a random preset and algorithm (usually Digital Delay) I guess it's jumping to the first preset and algo in my list derived by the Algo sorting and View option.

5. Save Change Dialog appears while switching presets even when no knobs have been touched or tweaked. quite frustrating while selecting thru presets. and sometimes a direct "rename preset" option with keyboard pops up, without any additional taps.

1. Could you take some screenshots or screen recordings? So I can follow that to reproduce your issue.

3. The preset that H9 Control jumps to is the currect preset loaded on your H9. It shouldn't be a random preset.

5. Yes. We know this issue as well. This happens when you change presets too fast in H9 Control. The Bluetooth commnication between the app and the pedal takes time so if you change presets too fast something wrong would happen in the communication so the app would think the preset has been changed.

PhaseShift
      Participant

Sounds great!!! Will try the erase settings right away.

Thanks for the tips bohan! And the prompt reply.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      PhaseShift wrote:

** UPDATE **

I got the same PS // EXP retained settings issue while altering and tweaking presets on Mac H9 Control, to tackle the issue, I just duplicated a different Preset (ones with less knobs which already have PS // EXP settings.) This seemed to work.    

But could I please suggest a new option in the "more" drop down menu, which kills all PS // EXP Settings in the Preset. This might do away with the above issue entirely.

In the mac version of H9 Control, you may right click / control + left click either of the two ribbon buttons to kill all expression mappings. In the iOS or macOS versions, you may double click any knob and then click "Unmap from expression pedal" to kill this knob's mapping.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      PhaseShift wrote:

Repeated Freezes while working/ Loading/ saving Presets in Harpeggiator Algo, on Mac H9 Control. guess this bug is in the latest version.

We know there is something wrong with the custom UI of HarPeggiator. We'll let you know if we fix this issue.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.