H9 Control & iPad Auto-Lock (sleep)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control & iPad Auto-Lock (sleep)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      silver_mica
      Participant

Aside from manually setting my iPad Auto-Lock to “Never” (Settings –> General –>  Auto-Lock) is there a way for the H9 Control app to prevent Auto-Lock (or sleep) when connected via bluetooth (and while plugged into the AC power)?      I like the preset controls to remain stationary while connected to the Eventide H9 Harmonizors.  If the Auto-Lock is on then my iPad is constantly turning itself off.   Turning Auto-Lock off will probably work fine – but I was just wondering if there was a way for apps to overide the Auto-Lock of an iPad.  

gkellum
      Participant
      silver_mica wrote:

Turning Auto-Lock off will probably work fine – but I was just wondering if there was a way for apps to overide the Auto-Lock of an iPad.  

There is, or more precisely there's a way to prevent an iOS device from going to sleep which leads to the screen locking.  We actually do that when you're updating your H9, because of course it would be bad if your iOS device went to sleep in the middle of transferring an update to the H9.  I suppose we could add this setting as an H9 Control system setting in a future release so you could have your iOS device stay awake as long as H9 Control was open.

camilok
      Participant

I also would appreciate this as a feature.

timmyo

Me too 🙂 

gkellum
      Participant
      silver_mica wrote:

is there a way for the H9 Control app to prevent Auto-Lock (or sleep) when connected via bluetooth (and while plugged into the AC power)?    

We added this feature in the latest release (v2.6.0) in case you guys didn't notice.

silver_mica
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

silver_mica wrote:

is there a way for the H9 Control app to prevent Auto-Lock (or sleep) when connected via bluetooth (and while plugged into the AC power)?    

We added this feature in the latest release (v2.6.0) in case you guys didn’t notice.

Thanks for adding that feature!   And, thanks for posting – otherwise it may have been quite sometime before I realized the feature was added.   

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.