H9 Control, iPad crashes when saving lists or presets

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control, iPad crashes when saving lists or presets

Tagged: , , ,

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by bohan
    Eventide Staff
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      eflath
      Participant

Hi All,

I suddenly started experiencing the following issue. I’ve tried to outline reproduction steps here.

– Connect H9 to iPad via bluetooth

– start up H9 Control

– Navigate to an existing list local to the iPad

– add a preset to the end of the list

– choose “Save to iPad” (not “save to H9”)

Crash.

Note this only happens when the H9 is connected to H9 control on my iPad and I’m trying to save locally on the iPad. Saving to iPad works in “Demo mode” and saving to the H9 works when H9 is connected to iPad.

eflath
      Participant

Also note: I installed H9 Control on my iPhone and experienced the same issue. In the case of the iPhone I was trying to add to a completely empty list. Both iOS devices are running iOS 16.3.1

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Hi, you can update H9 Control in TestFlight. This new version has fixed the issue. You can join the beta at:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/1nfJXk05

eflath
      Participant

This is great, thanks for giving me access to the beta!

My issue is, indeed fixed with this build.

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to successfully import my saved presets (which I’d backed up as a .h9z file). When I attempt to import them via the settings on the iPad app, it says “no presets or preset lists were found to import”.

*Update* after killing the app and reopening it, all the imported lists are there (multiples of all of them because I guess every import worked, it just didn’t show up in the UI?)

eflath
      Participant

ok, second update here: here is the only set of steps that seems to work to import:

from my computer (which has the h9z file), choose “share” > “Airdrop”

select my iPad from the list

when it pings my iPad choose “Open in H9 control”

nothing happens

kill h9 control

reopen H9 control and there are my lists!

hope this helps.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Thank you for the feedback.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.