H9 Control MS runtime error when exporting presets?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control MS runtime error when exporting presets?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      eruption77
      Participant

Anyone else experience this problem and possibly have a fix?

Any time I try to export my TF or PF presets and save them to my computer I recieve a MS C++ Runtime Error:  “This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusal way.”  I’ll click OK and the presets DO save, but then the H9 Control program crashes.

This happens on two different computers of mine, both running 32bit Windows 7 SP1.

I’ve checked the settings on the Windows Search service, and have resinstalled C++ runtime, and Windows is up to date on both computers.  Neither computer has any problem running any other application; it only throws this error with the H9 Control.

I’ve also attached a screenshot of the error.  

Thanks!

eruption77
      Participant

EDIT:  I should also add that it throws this error from the Preset Lists-More-Export Presets menu.  It works fine from Settings-Export Presets or Preset Lists menu.

I’m also running the latest version of the H9 Control, and have done a clean uninstall/reinstall of the software.

spaceJam

I was having the same error when exporting presets from my Space to the H9 Control. It happened with a presets that had an asterisk (*) character.

If that helps to you.

eruption77
        Participant
        spaceJam wrote:

I was having the same error when exporting presets from my Space to the H9 Control. It happened with a presets that had an asterisk (*) character.

If that helps to you.

Thanks very much for your reply.  I don’t think that’s it, though.  I don’t really have any special characters in my preset names.  I do have some + and – signs in the names to designate in the name if I’m shifting up, or down a third for my Pitchfactor.

It’s weird: same problem on 2 different computers…

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Can you try it on a computer running 64-bit windows ? Win7/32 is fairly rare.

eruption77
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Can you try it on a computer running 64-bit windows ? Win7/32 is fairly rare.

Thanks for your reply, Nick!

I just installed the H9 Control on my work laptop and then downloaded a backup copy of my most recent presets.  It’s a 64-bit Win 7 SP1 laptop w/ 8GB of RAM.  Using the H9 Control in demo mode, my presets imported fine.

When trying to export the the list on this laptop I received the same exact error as I do on both home computers.  H9 then crashed and closed just like it does at home.

gkellum
      Participant

Do you think it would be possible to email me a copy of your preset backup?  Hopefully, we'll be able to see the same problem using the same presets and fix the issue a lot more quickly.  If you don't mind, you could email the backup to my username + @eventide.com.

eruption77
      Participant

Thanks very much!  I’ll email them shortly and reference this post.

monochocke
      Participant

have the same problem , how did you fix this up ?

eruption77
      Participant

Eventide corrected this shortly after my last reply in 2015 with a new version of the H9 Control software.  Have you tried updating your software to the latest version?  If not, you want to grab v2.8.1 from here:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/product/663/installers

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.