H9 Control read multiple H9’s at once?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control read multiple H9’s at once?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      chiproop
      Participant

Hello!  I am currently trying to run 3 H9 pedals at once.  I was wondering if the H9 Control software could read all 3 pedals at once on the sidebar so I can make adjustments by click on each pedal, rather than disconnecting, reconnecting, etc.

I’ve tried using Bluetooth and USB with my computer, and neither works.  I can only get one pedal pulled up at a time.

This is a killer for workflow, because I’ll get a good effect, go to the second pedal to add an effect, but if I need to tweak the first to work with it, I have to disconnect and go back and forth.  Add a 3rd pedal to that… and it’s just unusable.

Any suggestions?

chiproop
      Participant

Well, I figured it out!  Bummer I can’t figure out how to delete my question!  🙂

jm345
      Participant

Can you tell us what the solution is? I have been trying to do the same thing. Thanks

chiproop
      Participant

There may be other ways of doing this, but here is what worked for me. This is on a Mac.

1) Go to System Preferences / Bluetooth

2) Connect/Pair with your device (if you haven’t already).  You only need to do this step once, just so the computer has the pedal in paired with it and will remember it.

3) Go to H9 Control.  If it says it doesn’t detect a pedal, select one manually off of the ones you just connected to.

4) The easiest part – the software is a little misleading IMO – after you have connected with one pedal, go up to the menu bar, click Devices/Connect Device Via Bluetooth. (*This was the misleading part for me, as I assumed that meant it would disconnect from the current device.  It doesn’t).  

5) When that menu comes up, select another one of your H9’s that have been paired with the computer.  In the presets where you can see your computer, you’ll now be able to see all the H9’s that are connected.

Hope that helps!

Chip
      Follow me on Instagram!

http://www.chiproop.com

jm345
      Participant

Thanks, that worked! And you can switch between them just by clicking on them as shown at the top of page. A while ago I had trouble getting even one H9 connected to my Mac via bluetooth. The “secret” turned out to be manually connecting it thru H9 Control not via the Mac. Thanks again.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.