H9 Control Software for ANDROID????

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Control Software for ANDROID????

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      runecore

Hello—

I am a Windows/Android user that is surprised that you don't have an Android app for this great deserving pedal.—in fact its kind of a pain in the  butt that you don't.

and at this point i must make any changes blindly since i can play at the same time (i have a pedalboard and guitar amp for making sounds)–or make the changes on the H9 unit itself…which for me is a pain and limiting…so i'm making changes then unplugging the H9 then moving it to the pedalboard..(which 80 percent of the time is at the practice pad with my amps) hooking it up then ….( i think you get it)..it just is a pain to own this thing right now.– i LOVE how it sounds and it's versatility —but the lack of ease of use is out weighing how it sounds–

i am unwilling to buy an ipad (i am a windows/android guy)–or a laptop and bluetooth..that i  would only use for this application–

How many months has it been now?…and still NOTHING

FYI—there are over 80 million users of Android phones in the US alone….

if you didn't already have Control Software for Windows, iOS AND MAC–(heck even bluetooth) it wouldn't be that big of a deal…but it just seems silly that you don't have an app for Android especially since it is more "open source" friendly then any of the other OS's…

your lack of support for this application kind of makes me not want to own an H9 ..because it would so much easier to manipulate on the fly…It's almost like your "dissing" Android users..

looking at the other forum posts on this subject… it just seems that your company isn't motivated in the least to get this going….

happy users/customers will keep buying more products from you.

HELP US HELP YOU…..

that's all im saying…

achaput

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you feel we are dissing Android users. It's really not the case. These things take time and require much testing on various brands of hardware, etc.

Thanks for being patient!

Dk3black
        Participant
        achaput wrote:

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you feel we are dissing Android users. It’s really not the case. These things take time and require much testing on various brands of hardware, etc.

Thanks for being patient!

Hello, this was more than a year ago… any insigth on how is the state of art in this topic ?

kind regards

DZ

infraction

Last I read about this a while back Eventide was still looking for the 'right' Android developer to port or re-create the control app, which was surprising given that Android is a very well supported platform with significant market share.

Are you able to confirm if any progress has been made since then? Just that your post about testing makes it sound like the app is in development which would be great news.

austmann
      Participant

i am very supprised why audio developers like Ik Multimedia Eventide and UAD and few other chose to limit their sales cos of platform limiting.

can anyone recomend a windows tablet for h9 then?

jeflear

austmann:

i am very supprised why audio developers like Ik Multimedia Eventide and UAD and few other chose to limit their sales cos of platform limiting.

It's partially: marketshare, piracy, device fragmentation, and latency.

Marketshare: the iPad was the first real mass-market tablet so it was a natural fit for the audio community. The head-start helped. 

Piracy: even though there are far more Android devices, APK piracy is rampant. If you look at app purchase revenue for the same app on both stores, they make far more on the App Store than on Google Play. 

Device fragmentation: There is a huge variation of Android versions, screen sizes, manufacturers, and hardware specs. Building for such a varied target is a PITA. 

Technical: iOS has near 0 latency. Android has lots. IK recently sidestepped this via a hardware solution.

I'm an Android user and the H9 editor works fine on a Mac and presumably a PC too. I have no issues editing on my MBAir 

austmann
      Participant

Thanx for the info Jeflear.

ill find either mac or pc second hand somewhere.

jeflear

austmann:

Thanx for the info Jeflear. ill find either mac or pc second hand somewhere.

Sure thing. How are you posting on the forum now w/ no PC? Android tablet?

coirbidh_99
      Participant

There's also the question of target market.  Android may have huge market share globally, but I'm going to guess that among the target market for the H9 – people with enough disposable income to afford a $500+ effects pedal – the gap is significantly smaller, and might even be iOS-dominant.  The fact that most guitar-processing hardware that interfaces with mobile devices is either iOS-only or shows significant lag in rolling out Android support, I'd argue, tends to bolster that hypothesis.

runecore

you can give 700 reasons why something doesn't exist – and they could all be valid reasons – all i know, is that i would like the product/company more if i had the ability to use all of the features that  "the others" can use.

jeflear

runecore:

you can give 700 reasons why something doesn't exist – and they could all be valid reasons – all i know, is that i would like the product/company more if i had the ability to use all of the features that  "the others" can use.

Austmann couldn't figure out why there wasn't an Android version and I suggested reasons. 

It seems like you bought it expecting an Android editor to be coming soon. All the literature and videos say iOS / Win / Mac. Requesting one seems totally reasonable. Taking Eventide to task as having abused users seems counterproductive and bad representation for Android users.

runecore

no–i bought one not expecting any phone use capabilities…then when i found out that it could happen i was disappointed … i was an unlucky android user.Sad

just seemed …well..unfair to me.

infraction

Speculations on why Android support has been delayed aside, before I bought my H9 I read from Eventide Official that Android support was 'on the way', and they have since then backed that up by claiming to be sourcing a developer.

It factored into my purchase decision and i'm sure many others.  Many months later we're still stuck connecting with a cable to a PC as the only alternative other than buying an overpriced Apple product that we don't want. As you say, the effects pedal isn't cheap, buying a Mac tablet purely to go with it is out of the question for a lot of us who are quite solidly in the Android & more specifically NO ITUNES camp.

spaceJam

I could give H9 a try only if I could control it with my Android-based device as well.

Meanwhile, I'm still enjoying my Space + Timefactor.

runecore

infraction:

Speculations on why Android support has been delayed aside, before I bought my H9 I read from Eventide Official that Android support was 'on the way', and they have since then backed that up by claiming to be sourcing a developer.

It factored into my purchase decision and i'm sure many others.  Many months later we're still stuck connecting with a cable to a PC as the only alternative other than buying an overpriced Apple product that we don't want. As you say, the effects pedal isn't cheap, buying a Mac tablet purely to go with it is out of the question for a lot of us who are quite solidly in the Android & more specifically NO ITUNES camp.

^^^^^^^^^ This..

Thanks for your input!

austmann
      Participant

i have samsung galaxy.

i tour allot and not much home these days and my laptob burned out a year ago and i got that phone samsung galaxy and it has suited my needs pretty well up to now.

i also have an old pc in pieces at home and its out dated and does not handle the all the virtual instruments i am using to write music so i am saving for a maxed out imac for that and a new soundcard.

right now i am searching for a cheap second hand ipad so i can start to use my h9 

Grigg Haws

I bought a used Ipad mini, (works fine for the H-9) at a pawn shop for $200 in practically new condition.

just saying it doesn't have to be the latest $700 ipad.

joeydego
      Participant

You can get an iPhone 3 on eBay used literally for 20 bucks

runecore

android still ass out…..   no

runecore

yah.. im the original post in this thread—that first post was well over a year ago…

funny thing is — in the United States between 2013 and 2105.. 58% of phone users were andriod and the iphone was a mere 38%  (siting :     http://bgr.com/2015/08/12/iphone-vs-android-loyalty/   )

if they dont understand this as a customer satisfaction fail — im not sure what would persuade them…

im guessing that most of the employees that are running the H9 department are iphone users.

ive stopped holding my breath a LONG time ago.—- as a loyal PC and Android user —  it’s a big “oh well”.      ; (

Dk3black
        Participant
        runecore wrote:

yah.. im the original post in this thread—that first post was well over a year ago…

funny thing is — in the United States between 2013 and 2105.. 58% of phone users were andriod and the iphone was a mere 38%  (siting :     http://bgr.com/2015/08/12/iphone-vs-android-loyalty/   )

if they dont understand this as a customer satisfaction fail — im not sure what would persuade them…

im guessing that most of the employees that are running the H9 department are iphone users.

ive stopped holding my breath a LONG time ago.—- as a loyal PC and Android user —  it’s a big “oh well”.      ; (

Maybe there are internal political interests in keep things just they are, or some major investors also have shares in apple, I wouldn’t be surprised if is that the case.

runecore
        dk3black wrote:

Maybe there are internal political interests in keep things just they are, or some major investors also have shares in apple, I wouldn’t be surprised if is that the case.

good point — i agree.

that is probbaly more acurrate 

runecore
        runecore wrote:

dk3black wrote:

good point — i agree.

that is probbaly more acurrate 

more accurate than my spelling  ; )

Tobyz1962
      Participant

over 2 years from the original post and nothing yet for android?

Very sad!!!

joeck
      Participant

For some reason Android users seem not to be welcome customers. So my H9 will stay as a backup tool with three basic effects. Sad but unavoidable. I was hoping for a usable unit in my MIDI controlled rig for nearly three years but now I think I surrender. There are other units which could be programmed on site in a much more convinient way without a laptop or IPhone/IPad.

runecore

I wholeheartedly agree — it makes absolutely no sense — especially when you consider that android users outnumber iOS user 3 to 1.

behnam1002

Hey there… i was read all posts here and honestly there is no acceptable reasons here for this answer why the company like eventide decided to ignore android users… latency? windows and android have latency problems? how u guys can say this? I have a hp pc and samsung phone without any problems in audio softwares… so if ur words are true how a company like steinberg have all their apps in windows and ios both with no problems at both os? … ur words dosent make sense… its not true and its not ur really reasons… i think u have money problems with android or windows developments… do dont lie to us plzzz

behnam1002

Guys dont worry… i wrote an application for android and windows both to controle eventide and many other systems like this… i will upload it at downloadcnet and other download sites… this guys are fully idiots

anibalresendez
        Participant
        behnam1002 wrote:
        Guys dont worry… i wrote an application for android and windows both to controle eventide and many other systems like this… i will upload it at downloadcnet and other download sites… this guys are fully idiots

where is it?

can you share the link?

Bull Earwig

I’m a veteran EE/software developer who is totally a Windows/PC and Android person and knows nothing about Apple.

But, when I took a hard look at how I could have the best possible guitar effects/presets editing/management experience, I went out and bought an iPad.  My specialty in software is GUI design and Eventide’s GUI is to die for.

Look at this way: if you only use the iPad for this, that’s a good thing!  Don’t let your significant other grab it and mess it up.

I found the prices on refurbished iPads directly from Apple were really quite reasonable. 

I use a MIDI controller to command my amp to one of its presets.  My H9 listens to program change messages on MIDI and follows that.

One of the things I’ve come to love about the H9 is that the MIDI control path and the editing path (Bluetooth) are separate.  (Of course they warn us to turn off BT in public settings).  With some other effects units you use MIDI to control it and also to edit things.  There can be issues with that.

BillyBoyFloyd
      Participant

I am an Android owner that purchased the H-9 believing sooner or later Eventide would have to support Android devices. I have no intention of buying anything Apple, ever.

To come hear and learn from this thread that Eventide seeks (sought?) but can’t find an Android developer? Two years now?

Personally I rate that somewhere between “just sad” and EPIC FAIL.

Eventide already has my money for a Maxed unit, no leverage left there, so all I can do is ask: Show some follow-through, Eventide, please?

Pretty Please?

gkellum
      Participant
      Eventide is happy to announce that we have now officially released H9 Control for Android!

H9 Control is supported on Android 6 (Marshmallow) and above. H9 Control on Android supports nearly all of the features supported on other platforms including connecting to multiple H9s via Bluetooth, preset management, easy access to pedal settings, and in app purchasing of new algorithms.

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • The topic ‘H9 Control Software for ANDROID????’ is closed to new replies.