H9 copper plate removal for treatment?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 copper plate removal for treatment?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      RDSimmons

Hi,

Can you remove the copper face in order to have it treated (forced patina) on the copper H9 Max?

brock
      Participant

I haven’t tried, but it doesn’t look too difficult from the ‘T-Shirt’ exploded view.  I can tell you that, in a humid environment (deep South Florida), it only takes a couple weeks to start turning naturally.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You have to remove (and replace afterwards) about 10 screws to free the copper.

No glue or magic tricks here.

RDSimmons

So is the copper face plate solid copper or copper coated? 

I should be receiving the unit somtime today, so the questions will end soon   🙂 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's an aluminum (-ish) die casting, thickly plated inside and out.  The plating is a multi-step process similar to the gold H9, and is very tough.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSTyyGmfeew

camn
      Participant

omg i love it.. can I just order the case?

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        camn wrote:

omg i love it.. can I just order the case?

We have a very special "friends of Eventide" program, where we try and help out people who help us or help our users (you qualify).

All the copper H9's are long gone to international stars and global royalty (and lucky early adopters).

But I have stolen a number of manufacturing seconds – these are perfectly fine, but will need an hour with a Dremel (or two with a hand file) to make the parts fit together.

If you are interested (and have the necessary mechanical skills), send an email to support@eventide.com marked for my attention, and one will be on its way.

RDSimmons

So the unit arrived yesterday and it’s so beautiful I wouldn’t change a thing about it.  I love the way it boots up.  Sounds pretty good too 😉

camn
      Participant

Omg….I’m emailing right now. 

I HAVE THE MECHANICAL SKILLS!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.